Author Topic: Under .125 Klonopin Club  (Read 34148 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Under .125 Klonopin Club
« Reply #1030 on: October 12, 2020, 04:38:20 pm »
Hi ! Newish around here. Short term user who had her life flipped upside down like many. Didnít realize I had come dependent and like anyone else who didnít know about tapering I went into a panic and tried tapering as fast as possible to get off this drug. Anyway Started at   .5  am and pm for 21 days. Then cut to .05 while trying to take Zoloft for 2 weeks (stopped Zoloft at day 11 .. bad bad) this was in July. At the start of September I got down to .125 ( painfullly got there) decided to do a 50 day liquid titration and  be done(1ml out a day). It actually wasnít too bad had a couple weeks where I was okay. Functional. Then getting into the 20ís starting getting rough. Held at 28 ml for 10 days then took out a couple more. So Iím here at 30 ml out (.05)And holding ... experiencing not great symptoms.. Sleep is okay. Guess just looking for a little support. Iím starting to become accepting of my situation. But itís at times hard. Any advice ?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1031 on: October 12, 2020, 04:45:36 pm »
Whoops meant .5 when I was on Zoloft  :sick:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1032 on: October 18, 2020, 06:30:30 pm »
Hi everyone,
I [...] a question. I feel terrible, braindead, sad, can't think or I want to burst into tears. I've never felt this way in my entire life. I dropped my gabap by 300 aug 17. I thought it might [...] been making me sick, idk. Dr said I would be ok, I shouldn't [...] listened. I [...] been holding my k since may, I think. Does anyone think I might feel better if I taper. Maybe I'm hitting tolerance again. Thanks all mm I appreciate any help.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1033 on: October 20, 2020, 01:42:20 am »
Hey, everybody.

Two months ago I jumped from .0147mg, and life immediately became so much better. Some days, Iím more easily able to come up with the right words than others. Some days, I [...] more energy than others. And some days, I can fall asleep much easier than others. But there has not been one day post-jump that I would even come close to trading for any of my taper days.

I [...] noticed people feeding me the word I canít think of in conversations a couple of times, and I hope that gets better soon. My mind used to be quick before tapering. I know itís just a matter of time before it all comes back, though. Bob, did you [...] to deal with this much?

The ďinsomniaĒ I [...] now is nothing like the Insomnia I suffered from throughout my taper. Before, I was unable to drop off to sleep, or stay asleep longer than 15 minutes, at times, even when I was exhausted. Now, the worst case scenario is that Iím not tired when I should be. I feel bad even mentioning it, though, since itís infinitely better since my jump.

The greatest thing in the world has been experiencing my brain relearning to sleep, and to imagine, and daydream, and meditate, and experience joy, and emotions. I get teary-eyed a lot now just watching commercials, or seeing things on Facebook about peopleís pets, or acts of heroism, but itís actually really nice feeling things again, so Iím fine with it.

I wish I had started microtapering much earlier than I did, probably in January of this year, when I was at .75 mg, or maybe when I hit .50. Microtapering made my taper so much more smooth and bearable. Breaking a .25 mg cut up into days, or weeks, rather than doing it all at once, getting hit with side effects, and holding for a month or more to stabilize is no way to live. A steady decrease is where itís at.

I hope everybody here is doing well. If youíre in the middle of it, keep moving forward. You [...] to go through it to get through it. And when youíre done, youíll realize how well it was worth it.

Good vibes and love to all!

[Buddie]

« Reply #1034 on: October 20, 2020, 04:35:48 pm »
Hi love isalluned,
Congrats! That is awesome. Maybe ill do a micro taper for the rest ofmy dose. My sx are pretty bad now. I an not thinking clearly. I did drop my gaba aug 17 so that didn't help. Sometimes I wonder if I should just taper off the rest and maybe I'll feel better.  Idk. So happy you doing well!

[Buddie]

« Reply #1035 on: October 20, 2020, 05:26:52 pm »
[...], I had a couple of instances during my taper where I felt the way you describe feeling: listless, depressed, despondent, and it always happened when I was holding for a while. The worst one was in April, after I had cut from .5 to .25 in March. I held for a long time, and felt like I never got ďrightĒ again. After a while, I decided to cut again, but a lot less, and that made the difference. I immediately felt better.

When you get to the lower levels, the Klonopin isnít doing much for you anymore, and your body gets used to it a lot quicker.

Once I started cutting the equivalence of .001 per day after I got to .05mg (I actually cut .003 every 3 days, because I was dry measuring) my withdrawal s/x reduced drastically. And even though I was terrified to reach the end, thatís when the real healing began.

Itís different for everyone, but your body will let you know when something needs to change.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1036 on: October 20, 2020, 05:37:30 pm »
Thanks love is all ed! Thats how I feel! Im going to try that, I've [...] holding for 5 months. Howsoever the cut was outrageous. I didn't know that about klonioin. Im going 5o dothis slowly like you . So you cut .001 a day everyday, sorry my mind is much, lol

[Buddie]

« Reply #1037 on: October 21, 2020, 09:03:07 pm »
Yes, I cut .001mg per day. It was much easier for me than the larger cuts once every 4-6 weeks.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1038 on: October 21, 2020, 09:43:45 pm »
Thanks! 8ll probably wait a little longer,  because of the gaba drop, ugh.  This is tiring. I don't even [...] the brain to put the taper together. Though, I am excited. This is a good plan. I hope you are still felling ok.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1039 on: November 20, 2020, 08:02:59 am »
Itís been 3+ months (94 days) since I took my last dose of Klonopin.

My taper was pretty bad. I was definitely kindled. 6.5 years of Klonopin and 10 years of Zolpidem, with a ton of alcohol mixed-in.

My withdrawal has been beautiful. Iím still slow on being able to recall specific words, and my memorization skills are down. There is some lingering depression, some lethargy, and a little bit of anxiety from time-to-time, but honestly, nothing worse than I had before I started the Kolonopin.

The Klonopin use and taper damaged some areas of my brain, but I know theyíre healing: I feel better every day. Also, Iíve had 3 or 4 days where I feel *absolutely perfect*. Like, 18 years old, and ready to fight the world perfect. Those days are so wonderful, theyíre almost too much to take.

tl;dr: tapering is a hell I wouldnít wish on my worst enemy. Withdrawal is the heaven we all deserve.

Hang in there. It is so very worth it.