Author Topic: Under .125 Klonopin Club  (Read 34013 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Under .125 Klonopin Club
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 05:12:00 am »
Hi everyone. Yay I am so glad there are a few of us in the same boat. I am typing this on my phone so canít reply to everyone but Iíll say that I too am going super slow and honoring my body. Iíve actually felt more clear headed and stable than I [...] since I started all of this which has me wonder if Iím healing or if itís the super slow pace and long holds actually paying off? I donít [...] an idea of when Iíll walk off only that I [...] anxiety about it because Iím nervous thatís when all hell will break loose. Iíve seen so many stories of bad sxs after stopping completely. That may be partially why Iím going so slow now there may be a psychological dependency. And, Iím committed to seeing this through. I imagine a few more months.

I did take Seroquel 12.5 last night because the night before I only slept 2 hours and felt o was on speed all night and the next day. I know that was a sxs of the tiny cut I made last week. I did sleep through the night last night thank god.

Are people working? What are ways yíall are coping through this?

Glad we are forming a group!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 09:57:49 pm »
Alright well, I [...] a doctor's appointment on Wednesday now, and my husband has a stressful interview, so I'm am thinking to put off cutting another week or half week.  Though part of me thinks if it is only .005mg, it won't really make a difference?  I'm not sure what I am going to do.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 11:05:39 pm »
Hi everyone

Not sure how many people here qualify but even if there are just a few of us hopefully we can support each other to the finish line.

Iíd love to know what dose you are at and your taper method and maybe what plans you [...] for the finish. Jumping off or walking off at crumbs?

Iím doing a slow taper with longer holds using a gram scale. Just went down to .05 and change. At this low a dose I feel everything so Iím going slow and also want off. I am really learning patience.

Hi [...],

Great idea!  Can I join the group?  I will be at .125 next weekend.  I am currently taking .125 2xday.  I would love to [...] the support and hopefully offer support as well to the group.

Congratulations on your taper!  Well done!

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 01:17:59 am »
Hi everyone. Yay I am so glad there are a few of us in the same boat. I am typing this on my phone so canít reply to everyone but Iíll say that I too am going super slow and honoring my body. Iíve actually felt more clear headed and stable than I [...] since I started all of this which has me wonder if Iím healing or if itís the super slow pace and long holds actually paying off? I donít [...] an idea of when Iíll walk off only that I [...] anxiety about it because Iím nervous thatís when all hell will break loose. Iíve seen so many stories of bad sxs after stopping completely. That may be partially why Iím going so slow now there may be a psychological dependency. And, Iím committed to seeing this through. I imagine a few more months.

I did take Seroquel 12.5 last night because the night before I only slept 2 hours and felt o was on speed all night and the next day. I know that was a sxs of the tiny cut I made last week. I did sleep through the night last night thank god.

Are people working? What are ways yíall are coping through this?

Glad we are forming a group!

[...]

Hey [...], that's the reason I am tapering so slow.  I'm hoping that I will walk off without the horror stories of acute, having experienced much worse symptoms on a prior rapid-taper. 

I've had symptoms daily throughout this taper and my coping strategies are probably pretty similar to most of the advice given on here. 
To cope I take a lot of baths because my nerve symptoms are horrendous.  The baths seems to lessen the intensity.  I read something about the heat confusing the nerves.  Sometimes I'm in the bath twice a day, an hour at a time.  When I [...] energy I try to tackle manageable house tasks that don't require too much concentration but make me feel productive.  I work in spurts because my energy gets low.  I do yoga and I meditate and I walk when I can.  I've watched quite a few TV series, which is funny because I'm not big TV person, but sometimes it's the only thing that will distract me from symptoms.  I listen to a lot of podcasts.  Sometimes reading is difficult and my vision is blurry so listening to interesting content is a nice distraction.

I do not work full-time.  I resigned from my teaching job a couple years back because I was always getting sick...didn't know I was in tolerance withdrawal.  I now work part-time in the schools but am completely in control of my schedule so if I'm in a wave, I don't work.  There is absolutely no way I could [...] continued on teaching full-time with these symptoms.  I am a mother so a lot of my time is spent taking care of my girls.

I'd love to hear what everyone else does to cope.

[...]-You've held so long.  If you anticipate upcoming stress, I don't think it would hurt to hold until that stress passes. I understand the dilemma. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 07:19:25 am »
Welcome new people to the group! My 2 cents on holding during stressful times is yes do it. Holding has been very beneficial for me and Iím holding at .05 1/2 (tiny percentages now) until Iím done a three day training next week. Even a tiny cut will effect me even if itís just the amount of sleep Iím getting and a sleep deficit wonít do during a long training. If your body feels like holding especially since we are all so low now it seems okay but thatís just my take.

Iíve been able to work since 2 months into my taper when I slowed down and made smaller cuts. I think my work has been a HUGE blessing because itís such a distraction. I am a clinician in private practice so I make my own schedule and just see a few clients a day. I wouldnít want to do a 9-5 job or [...] a boss during this experience work for me needs to be on my own terms just like everything else in withdrawal. Iíve been on the stable side of the fence for a few weeks and am hoping this lasts a little longer. I still [...] sxs but Iím functioning without too much drama which is a nice respite. Iím also a mom and thankfully my kid is old enough to be compassionate and heís getting a good lesson how to deal with anxiety unmedicated.

For coping I knit a lot, walk a lot, work as much as possible, Iím in 12 step recovery so I go to 3-4 meetings a week and work with my sponsor. Iím in a DBT group once a week and [...] CBT Therapy once a week. I also listen to Ted Talks on neuroplasticity and neurogenesis and other talks on YouTube on research around the placebo and nocebo effects. Iím super into positive affirmations and positive thinking. Almost all of the things Iíve listed other than 12 step recovery and work are new to me since this taper. Iíve learned so much about self care itís kind of ridiculous!

Would love to hear more about everyone here.

Hope yíall are resting well tonight.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 02:02:31 am »
Ah well, I'm throwing caution to the wind a tiny bit and doing a little cut.  I'm going form .125mg to .120mg, so my thinking is that this really shouldn't even affect me, and if and when it does, it will probably be Thursday, which is after my stressful things day, on Wednesday.  Fingers crossed!!! 

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 07:37:33 am »
Hey [...] hereís to an easy and sxs free tiny cut. And even on Thursday hereís to feeling great. Good job on easing down and being steady.

:thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 03:41:12 pm »
Alright so here I am, fours days later, and omg, I am having some nasty migraines.  It's time for my period to start, so I think that is definitely why.  I'm not sure if the .005mg cut has anything to do with it or not.  All the stressful things of yesterday came and went and I actually lost my appetite for most of the day and even with gorging on Chinese food last night, managed to lose a pound this morning.  All things considered, not too bad for a cut.   :laugh:

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 06:44:14 pm »
So far so good.  I am having a lot of negative emotions today.  I think it is anxiety, which for me, turns quickly to anger and such.   Though, it is not as bad as December.  I think.  Fingers crossed this doesn't get worse.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 01:29:50 pm »
Well it did get a little worse.  Yesterday I was very very angry before my dentist appointment.  I used techniques I just learned in my anger management book with replacing my anger provoking thought with a more positive thought and that seemed to work.  According to my anger management book, I react to things as if I had a life threatening traumatic incident.  I was in a car accident when I was 15 years old, so I do wonder if that could be it?  I really feel like this is all just related to withdrawal though.