Announcement: It is with regret... ×

2018 Jump Squad

[kp...]

Anyone else making a jump into the new year?! If so, I would like to try to dedicate this to those individuals (if possible).

If this is not allowed I understand  :)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [fe...]

• [To...]

• [Et...]

• [kp...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[b5...]

Yes, benzo free as of 2018. WOOHOOOO!  ;D

Are we going to have a party? I've brought ballons and non-alcoholic beer.  :yippee:

I’m so excited for you, New0girl – YOU DID IT.  :yippee:

Happy New Year, everybody!

Are we going to have a party? I've brought ballons and non-alcoholic beer.  :yippee:

Congrats!! Wish I joined this site earlier, it is a blessing in disguise.

And party?! Absolutely!! Ive been dancing my butt off all day. What a time to jump ;)

I'm in! Taking my last dose in a bit and hoping by this time next year we are all 100% healed.

Wow, New0Girl is in the gang, that's awesome! Congratulations on coming a long way.  :thumbsup:

Congrats!! Wish I joined this site earlier, it is a blessing in disguise.

And party?! Absolutely!! Ive been dancing my butt off all day. What a time to jump ;)

Congrats on your jump!  :yippee:

thank you Challis  :smitten: Easter is a pretty cool 2nd birthday!

Hopefully we'll all remember 2018 as a good, clean year; and our 2nd birthday too!

Thank you for all you do for us!

thank you Challis  :smitten: Easter is a pretty cool 2nd birthday!

Hopefully we'll all remember 2018 as a good, clean year; and our 2nd birthday too!

Thank you for all you do for us!

Aw, thanks, Ethan.  You're very welcome.  As to 2018... I have high hopes.  ;)

Oh wow, there's so many of us! Congrats, everyone, for having the courage to face life and heal. This is HUGE!  :thumbsup:

Challis, I love that second rebirth idea!  :smitten:  :angel:

May 2018 come with truck loads of healing for all of us!

Yep I'm in too!! 2018 benzo free

Congrats!  I jumped from .0625mg of Xanax, too.  The end of my taper looked like yours, and I had no increased symptoms after my last dose.  How're you sleeping?  Er, are you sleeping?  Insomnia was my most frustrating symptom at that stage of recovery.  Many nights of 0-2 hours sleep until things started to get better.

Choppy sleep but it was sleep...how are we all feeling?

24 hours in, waiting to get hit with all the s/x from the beginning of my taper.  Bring it on.  :thumbsup:

Ugh.

Couldn't sleep at all, my intestines are boiling, my head is screaming, I have shaking fits and feel very agitated.

:-\

Im so sorry to hear you arent feeling well. The benzo you were on has a rather short half life of about 9 hours correct? If so that explains symptoms earlier on

Yes, you are right. I hope I can push out through.

Or I don't know... Maybe it was to early?  :-\

This is so hard.

You can push through being as uncomfortable as you are! I kicked this junk c/t in a nice little 6 by 4 cell with a million other stressors trying to break me down. We are capable of so much more than we may think.

Ill be thinking of you no matter what route you decide to go

New0girl,

If you feel like you can't do this, it's not the worst thing in the world to continue to taper lower.  I'm not familiar with the benzodiazepine you've been taking so I don't know how low you were when you jumped.  I had a doctor tell me to jump way too high and I had to reinstate three days later.

How long since your last dose and is it getting more difficult as time goes by?

Thank you Challis for taking the time to write. Yes, it's getting more difficult as time goes by. It's been 36h sice my last dose. I jumped at 1,25 Valium eq.

You know I'm just here to give information, not to scare you...and I've never taken a long-acting benzodiazepine, just read other people's posts about it.  But I'll give you my honest opinion, having jumped too soon myself when I was tapering and had to reinstate.

Valium w/d symptoms can increase for up to two weeks after a cut.  I'm a little concerned if you're having a really tough time at 36 hours. 

I know you really looked forward to starting 2018 benzo-free, and I know how hard it is to even think about taking another dose when you thought you were done, but it's okay to decide you need to taper a little lower. 

Only you know how bad you feel... we're here to support whatever you think is best for you, but there's absolutely no judgment if you think it's looking like you jumped too soon. 

The sooner you reinstate the better, if you decide to do so.

:hug: