8 years 4 months free BUT...

[Fi...]

Hi! Hahaha.. i thought that im finally done But after 8years 4month some withdrawal feelings came back since a few days. Strange, because i almost forget these feelings. Burning skin and a bit anxiety at morning. So even long time after meds and withdrawal it can come back... shit :)))

This might be a reaction to something else that you have done or taken recently, people get anxious for all sorts of reasons and it resolves.

best of luck 2trusting

Hi! Hahaha.. i thought that im finally done But after 8years 4month some withdrawal feelings came back since a few days. Strange, because i almost forget these feelings. Burning skin and a bit anxiety at morning. So even long time after meds and withdrawal it can come back... shit :)))

Hello Firefly...

It is very hard to understand such a statement without context - so I went back and read all of your posts.

It looks like you were on Klonopin and an AD for a year back in 2010, tapered over several months and gradually became symptom free, writing several good reports leading up to a comlete success story in 2016 (but were feeling very well, well before that).

You said that you had become an owner of a transport company and were were completely symptom-free - enough to enjoy your favourite Czech beer!

So what do you attribute your recent flare-up to? Was there stress? Was there too much celebration over the recent Christmas & New Year period? What, if anything, changed over the last three months...appetite, food, supplements...sleep, downtime, physical activity, overworking??

These are the kinds of questions that might help us all including yourself, if you are willing to examine them and speak your mind about events and what has been happening in general...

All the very best ;):thumbsup:

Firefly,

Sorry to hear that you're having an uptick of symptoms.  I agree with Nightwatch that there is most likely something in your life that's triggering it, which is great news because once you find and resolve that, the symptoms should abate again.

To all of the buddies here who may be freaking out about this post, and feeling afraid that we'll never heal, I'd like to add that sometimes the exception proves the rule.  If this were a typical outcome, we would have hundreds or thousands of posts like this which could give the impression that we may never heal from the damage caused by benzodiazepines.

The fact that a very late onset of recurring withdrawal symptoms is a very rare occurrence, and posts like this are also very rare should give us all a great deal of encouragement.  Yes, some of us may have sensitive nervous systems for some time, and we need to guard our health.  But guess what?  We should guard our health anyway.  If a lifetime of eating well, practicing mindfulness and reducing stress, exercising with care, drinking only in moderation or not at all.... if these choices are required from us, well, that really isn't the very worst outcome, is it? 

I hope you bounce back quickly, Firefly.  I wish you the very best. 

Hello Firefly...

It is very hard to understand such a statement without context - so I went back and read all of your posts.

It looks like you were on Klonopin and an AD for a year back in 2010, tapered over several months and gradually became symptom free, writing several good reports leading up to a comlete success story in 2016 (but were feeling very well, well before that).

You said that you had become an owner of a transport company and were were completely symptom-free - enough to enjoy your favourite Czech beer!

So what do you attribute your recent flare-up to? Was there stress? Was there too much celebration over the recent Christmas & New Year period? What, if anything, changed over the last three months...appetite, food, supplements...sleep, downtime, physical activity, overworking??

These are the kinds of questions that might help us all including yourself, if you are willing to examine them and speak your mind about events and what has been happening in general...

All the very best ;):thumbsup:

I agree with this. This far out, it seems that something precipitated it. I could be wrong, but even at four years I find a direct correlation between what I have done and the repercussions of that. This wasn't the case in earlier w/d, though. I'm sorry you're going through this. No one seems to have a clue as to when this crap is finally done.

Hi folks. The true is that approx a year ago i forget all of the symptoms and i eat junk food and drink a lot of alcohol. So maybee this is the reason of the new feelings. I feel now burning skin like a heat waves and muscle stiffness on my head. I hope it will pass soon :)

Hi folks. The true is that approx a year ago i forget all of the symptoms and i eat junk food and drink a lot of alcohol. So maybee this is the reason of the new feelings. I feel now burning skin like a heat waves and muscle stiffness on my head. I hope it will pass soon :)

That would explain a lot, alright.

Stay slow - you'll be fine! ;):thumbsup:

Firefly, It's important you don't "big this up" into something is isn't. Thinking the wrong way about it and 'adding arms and legs' (that aren't there) will not serve you well. It is most likely that you are exhausted and fatigued and that you have been that way for some months now...

Pace it all back, slow it all down and treat your exhaustion in ordinary, simple ways, doing ordinary, simple common-sense things; put your mind at rest and prioritise your sleep. It will all work out for you ;)

I really do not know what happend with me. A few days ago everything was okay, and now my anxiety is growing, full body flue like symptoms, and the strange thing is that since 2 days i could not sleep, because i going to dream BUMM wakeing me up - why?

Setbacks are common, but they'll go away. You just weren't entirely well yet. Eat and drink like you used to, while in the throes of withdrawal. Be good to yourself. Don't put yourself down. I read somewhere that you have to be vigilant for a year after you start feeling well, just in case. You're going to feel fine again! All is not lost.

Setbacks are common, but they'll go away. You just weren't entirely well yet. Eat and drink like you used to, while in the throes of withdrawal. Be good to yourself. Don't put yourself down. I read somewhere that you have to be vigilant for a year after you start feeling well, just in case. You're going to feel fine again! All is not lost.

Today I have to say thnak you for a good words :) I hope it will pass to. Yes, probably i wasn't 100% healed... :( So i would like to say sorry for everyone to say earlier that Im fully recovered. :(( shame

Firefly, don't be sorry at all!  This is a very strange, difficult journey, and you had no way of knowing that you'd have a late wave like this. 

I think it's wonderful of you to come back to share what you've learned.  That takes a lot of courage, and we're all here right beside you to wait this thing out as you continue to heal. You're just being very honest now with yourself and with all of us, and that's a good thing. 

I don't want to sound like your mom or granny, but dear, please eat well and stay away from alcohol!

Im so confused. Now i do not know what to do, because i have a feer from evenings. Very hot body, face, arms, and strange for me is that i try to go sleep and go to REM fase the anxiety grow in a secound and wakes me up. Yerday a slept only 4hours only. I am not able to fight again whit this... :(

I'm sure this is a w/d symptom, because I felt like this when I was in the wd. It feels like I'm constantly feverish. Or I can not sleep at nights again + with vivid dreams... :) so i think nothing sepcial, just the old one of my symptopms come back after a lot of party. Next time i will be more carefull, i have to learn it for the future.

Most likely, your body and nervous system is depleted/fatigued and you are feeling the results of that (as anyone would).

The fact that you have had WD effects in the past, know what they feel/felt like and it "feels the same now" is also, most likely, a familiar set of symptomatic responses to current exhaustion. But I wouldn't call it a "setback": it is the same nervous system playing a similar, familiar tune - from fatigue. And you know what caused that!

Take care of and treat your exhaustion (forget 'setback'!) now in ordinary everyday ways. Take a time-out. Prioritise good nutrition, high-quality sleep, moderate physical movement, and relaxation exercises. Get out of the analytical mindset and let things coast. Be in "holiday" mode for awhile.

You'll be fine - give it time -  trust yourself ;):thumbsup:

You'd be surprised at how many post success stories only to go through something like this. It's VERY COMMON to have setbacks. We don't know when this is really all over with. Like everyone said, you'll be fine!!! One step in front of the other. You'll do it!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Im in a really bad mood now. I feel anxiety during the day, and i dont't sleept sinc a few days now, because when im reach the sleep phase i feel immediately such growing anxiety in my whle body and suddenly its waking me up. Than im trying next one and the same result and around 4-5am I'm in sleep. But from 9pm to 4am it is a hell. And because of lack of sleep i feel whole day such an axiety from the evening. What is that? I could not belive that my old WD still in his power...

PS: i feel like my mind and CNS is on 170%... :( it a GAD it think... I have no power to do it again....

I'm really sorry you're going through this. It's very difficult to know when the wave will be over, but IT WILL be over. It must be so difficult after feeling well and really living your life. Damn benzo!!!  >:(

• 2 months later...

Hi folks, Im back again and i have some new infos about me.

Now i know what was happend in 2017 dec since now. I was 100% helad but in 2017 november i was on Fluconazole anti fungin drug. I dod not know waht is this so i took it. And then in 2018 jan started all of the shit. Anxiety, electric shoks in my brain, insomnia and fever all the day. I had a window in this period 18 days, but since a week i have horrible panic attacks and dizzines from this pills.

So this is what is happening with me. Im alcohol and sugar free, no coffeins just pure water and fruits. But during the day i have 10-20 times anxiety or panic and fever 37,3C+ than 36,3C+

So can anyone tell me how long this shitwill sty in my body?

Thank you!

Firefly

I have candida and I made a mistake a couple years ago by taking Diflucan daily for a month.  I thought it was die off because I felt fluish all the time.  Little did I know it was making me severely sick.  I had my blood looked at under the microscope that month and all my red blood cells were stuck together causing long tubes of cells.  That was not a good sign.  I stopped and it took a while to feel normal again.  Just keep up with your fluids and let the time pass.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Castillo!

Im fnished the Difulcan (fluconazole) 3 months ago but still fever, chills, nightmares, ear rinngings and hard to fall asleep. I think i never will be normal again :( I'm so sad and feel so sick now. I did not used any other medications just this shit and now i'm in hell... Will it ever end or this medication will be inside of me forever?

Hello Castillo!

Im fnished the Difulcan (fluconazole) 3 months ago but still fever, chills, nightmares, ear rinngings and hard to fall asleep. I think i never will be normal again :( I'm so sad and feel so sick now. I did not used any other medications just this shit and now i'm in hell... Will it ever end or this medication will be inside of me forever?

It is very possible that it could have triggered ongoing symptoms.  It does go away with time.  If it doesn't subside, better to be safe and check to see if you have any viral or bacterial infections.

I was on Candida test, wich was negative (blood, stool, urine etc). And my doc told that the fluconazole can not affect on Lyme if i have. I do not know what to do at this point. I try to drink plenty of water (min 3 Liter/day) but the bad feeling are strengthened and weakened but wont stop at all. After the difulcan my stress level is very low. I had several panic attacks after these pills. I try to pray but I think at this moment God is busy.