7 months down

[...]

I'm definitely healing.  I have energy to workout/train again, where as months 4-6 the floor came out from under me.  (is this common in CT? Acute hits around 5-8 months? brutal) Anyway... symptoms seem less across the board.  I have more energy, or "vibrancy" as Badsocref says.  I look forward to things sometimes... I'm less fearful of everything.  Make no mistake though.. I still have days where my symptoms are completely overwhelming.. but I for some reason have hope now.  I actually think and speak of my WD in the past tense sometimes..( I don't know why this is...maybe my subconscious knows?) 

I'm forever thankful for this website, and all of the members who help and commiserate with me.  The loneliness, just like the symptoms of this bullshit is absolutely indescribable, and so learning of another's similar experiences is comforting in of itself.  You're feedback and encouragement have literally kept me sane, so thank you.  Hopefully I'll be healed in another 6 months.. not holding my breath though. 

Thanks again.

That's wonderful, congratulations on hanging in there! And working out too!

I am two months behind you, and I can't wait to be able to exercise again. I am just doing short walks right now because more than that and my symptoms get so much worse. Can you relate to this problem with exercise and then it improved?

I am so glad to hear that you are improving. Keep on going, you're almost there.

Congratulations on the progress, how is the tinnitus now?

Looking forward to things is such a blessing when it comes, I am still amazed at how the same thing can make me happy one day and then give me anxiety the next, I am now at 9 months off and think I feel an acceleration in the healing.

2trusting

I'm at 7 months too and I would say I'm exactly where you are. The last couple of weeks there has been a lot of change. Not perfect, but I feel something changing. More of "me" coming back, less anxiety and fear. But I also have waves of bad times/days.

Thanks for sharing. I'm so happy for you!! I hope we all see continued healing as we move into the coming months.

McS

That is so wonderful, TD1!  :smitten:

How delightful is the ability to look forward to things again...?! Truly amazing!

I am seven months off too but not quite there yet, so as you know, reading fellow warriors' accomplishments in healing gives me strength and hope - truly invaluable. I guess I have seen/felt tiny tiny things happen but oh so tiny i keep thinking it might be wishful thinking as I don't feel much different on a day to day basis. The physical stuff seems to have let up a bit but the mental side of things is still pretty rough. Anyway!! Enough about me, sorry about that!! And thank you so much for sharing this great news!

I'm sure monrh 8 will bring much more healing...! And 2018... watch out as it will see you back to life ... and that will keep getting more and more exciting and wonderful!!  :thumbsup::D:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations!!

Julz  :smitten:

T1D,

I am very, very happy that you are healing and have energy to exercise again. This is wonderful news!

Congratulations also for reaching 7 months mark. You should be proud of yourself for this huge accomplishment.

Keep on fighting! Praying that more healing is coming to you soon!

God bless!

Pi

Everyone, thanks so much for your encouragement. I’m still far from healed, but it’s great to see signs...even small ones of healing and hope. You are all so helpful, thank you.

Stick together, We’re gonna be okay.

Yea, I mean..today I’m real panicky because I’m home with my 3 year old. I can’t think straight and constantly have to calm myself down. But for a long time I was completely hopelesss, depressed, sick. But now, I have moments where I get excited about things. It’s such a slow and yo-yo process.

That's wonderful, congratulations on hanging in there! And working out too!

I am two months behind you, and I can't wait to be able to exercise again. I am just doing short walks right now because more than that and my symptoms get so much worse. Can you relate to this problem with exercise and then it improved?

I am so glad to hear that you are improving. Keep on going, you're almost there.

Yes, I always hold a LOT back..I keep my heart rate around 140-140 tops. And never do anything more than a half hour. If anything, my quality of sleep is a bit better, and I feel like I’m fighting back against this shit, so it helps from a fulfillment stand point...which, if you’re like me, helps because the thoughts/feeling of worthlessness/failure begin to cycle and I end up depressed and battling my irrational thoughts.

A few months back I was a complete mess mentally and physically, working out was out of the question, as I had no want or energy to do anything at all.

Congratulations on the progress, how is the tinnitus now?

Looking forward to things is such a blessing when it comes, I am still amazed at how the same thing can make me happy one day and then give me anxiety the next, I am now at 9 months off and think I feel an acceleration in the healing.

2trusting

Hey 2t, the tinnitus started for me 3 weeks ago. When it’s bad...usually when it’s quite at night, it extremely troubling. Also in waves. Yesterday I had a pretty good window so it was very minimal.

Thanks for checking in, I hope your progress begins to pick up again, your posts give me a lot of hope months back.

That's great!!! I hope things keep getting better for you. So glad you finally have hope!💚

Yes, on good days when my symptoms ween, I’m extremely hopeful. Then of course during waves I think I’m permanently fucked. What a brutal cycle.,

I'm at 7 months too and I would say I'm exactly where you are. The last couple of weeks there has been a lot of change. Not perfect, but I feel something changing. More of "me" coming back, less anxiety and fear. But I also have waves of bad times/days.

Thanks for sharing. I'm so happy for you!! I hope we all see continued healing as we move into the coming months.

McS

Yes! I have (brief) moments of me too...I actually stop and think “wow, that was like the old you” hahaha. This shit is unimaginable when you think about it right? We’re gonna be okay.

That is so wonderful, TD1!  :smitten:

How delightful is the ability to look forward to things again...?! Truly amazing!

I am seven months off too but not quite there yet, so as you know, reading fellow warriors' accomplishments in healing gives me strength and hope - truly invaluable. I guess I have seen/felt tiny tiny things happen but oh so tiny i keep thinking it might be wishful thinking as I don't feel much different on a day to day basis. The physical stuff seems to have let up a bit but the mental side of things is still pretty rough. Anyway!! Enough about me, sorry about that!! And thank you so much for sharing this great news!

I'm sure monrh 8 will bring much more healing...! And 2018... watch out as it will see you back to life ... and that will keep getting more and more exciting and wonderful!!  :thumbsup::D:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations!!

Julz  :smitten:

By all means please talk about you. It helps immensely. Your posts are so valuable and encouraging Julz as I lurk around the forum. Some days I’m hopeful, others I’m not, but not long ago I was hopeless..so I’ll take it right?

My symptoms wave from mental and physical, sometimes both. The mental stuff is brutal.

T1D,

I am very, very happy that you are healing and have energy to exercise again. This is wonderful news!

Congratulations also for reaching 7 months mark. You should be proud of yourself for this huge accomplishment.

Keep on fighting! Praying that more healing is coming to you soon!

God bless!

Pi

Thank you Pi!

Great news - you're getting there!  And being smart about it too, by not pushing too hard when you're feeling well.

For me, the intensity started to level out after month 7.  In month 9, I had a very strong sensation, an "inner knowing" that healing was happening.  Since then, I've kind of plateaued, with no windows and some pretty hard waves, but I know I'm healing all along.

The best thing about getting the first six months or so behind you, is that you can look back on six month chunks of time and say, "oh yeah, I'm definitely better than six months ago."  Most of us don't see improvements month to month, but it's good to see healing is happening over time.

Good luck to you - you'll get to the other side and one day not even think of this anymore. 

Great news - you're getting there!  And being smart about it too, by not pushing too hard when you're feeling well.

For me, the intensity started to level out after month 7.  In month 9, I had a very strong sensation, an "inner knowing" that healing was happening.  Since then, I've kind of plateaued, with no windows and some pretty hard waves, but I know I'm healing all along.

The best thing about getting the first six months or so behind you, is that you can look back on six month chunks of time and say, "oh yeah, I'm definitely better than six months ago."  Most of us don't see improvements month to month, but it's good to see healing is happening over time.

Good luck to you - you'll get to the other side and one day not even think of this anymore.

Thank you for this, ComingHome  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Ginger, Rikatu and everyone else. Today I feel like a wet noodle, anxiety is bad...but I definitely have had some windows lately, and better than I was a fe months ago. The non linear nature of this thing is torture for sure.