Dr. Switched me from klonopin to Xanax

[De...]

I failed a klonopin taper and was switched to Xanax after reinstating the klonopin but not stabilizing its been a month of taking .5mg 3x of Xanax instead of .5mg 3x of klonopin I'm starting feel like I've made a massive cut and expierencing lots of symptoms my doctor said Xanax is stronger and should provide some relief but I'm feeling worse after a month.

Hi there....

Sorry you are struggling.

Xanax has the shorter half life than the Klonopin. This is probably why you are symptomatic between doses along with the fact you have tapered & switched benzo ex your probably kindling. Maybe ask the doc to get you on a dose where your symptoms are more bearable then start a slow methodical symptom based taper.

Wishing you the very best...

Thank you Bella Amis I was starting to worry...this has been extremely stressful on me, I'll bring this up to my doc and see what she says.

Hi, I definitely can suggest a cross-over (by Ashton manual) from klonopin to valium. I managed to go from 3mg klonopin to 0mg in 3months 16days. Odd that doctors doesn't seem to know what should be done. Valium is so much "smoother", with a longer half life, and easiest to w/d. But you need the cross-over, depending maybe how long you've been on klonopin though. Everyone is different, but this is my experience and I can suggest the method of Dr. Heather Ashton.