Success in every form

[Pa...]

I wrote a success story, when I was almost 9 months off clonazapam and 15 months off a ad. I’m 18 months off the clonazapam yesterday and 24 months off ad, and what a difference time does make.

I am honestly better then ever, and you will be at some point as well. It is truly just about time. I really didn’t like hearing “give it some more, more, and more time” but it’s the truth, it is about letting time pass.

I considered myself a success when I could make my way threw life cooking, cleaning, and getting groceries. But add 9 more months on that and things keep changing for the good.

I really didn’t know what was in store for me. On a daily/ weekly/ monthly/ basis things have been getting better.

What a  treat this is.

I really had no idea I was running so far below par while medicated and in tolerance withdrawal for those years.

I guess sickly became my new normal. It happened so so gradual. I thought this was just who I had

grown to be. NOTTTTT!!!!

I’m feeling better then I have in years, life is beautiful. I take nothing for granted anymore. I’m happier then I’ve been in a very long time. And most importantly feel healthy, clear minded, and thankful.

There’s a few things that pulled me along my path while in wd.

Positivity being one of the biggest. I stayed away from ALL negativity whether it was family friends or on here. I realized early on, that being around negativity of any kind did me more harm then good.

Early on in wd I used distraction as one of my go to’s when my mind wouldn’t shut off. Whether it be the same tv show over and over, or forcing myself out the door to go on a walk.

Also meditation ( something that took a lot of practice) but trying to learn how to actiually meditate was distracting in itself. Don’t quite think I have it completely mastered yet but I love trying.

Acceptance ahhhh....... that was a tough one, but once I grasped it, it was a much easier path from there on.

Letting things just be and accepting that this was my life for now and one day I would be well again.

I just didn’t know things could get this good.

But one thing I do know, is that the sky is the limit. WE ALL HEAL !!

I wake up everyday with new feelings of gratitude♥️♥️🙏🏻🙏🏻

I’m happy in many ways that I went through this experience (hell). It has changed me for the better.

I wanted everyone to know that 9 months after my success story, more time has made a big difference on things that I really wasn’t anticipating.

I believe things will continue to change for me in months to come.

Keep going all you warriors⚔️⚔️

Fight till the end!!

Your all headed to a beautiful happy place ♥️♥️

Happy New year 🎉🎉

Pacodoo  🎄❄️

Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing this gives so much hope. So glad you got something out of the experience I too feel it’s made me a better person. It sounds strange but so true. Pain is the touchstone of spiritual growth! 

I wrote a success story, when I was almost 9 months off clonazapam and 15 months off a ad. I’m 18 months off the clonazapam yesterday and 24 months off ad, and what a difference time does make.

I am honestly better then ever, and you will be at some point as well. It is truly just about time. I really didn’t like hearing “give it some more, more, and more time” but it’s the truth, it is about letting time pass.

I considered myself a success when I could make my way threw life cooking, cleaning, and getting groceries. But add 9 more months on that and things keep changing for the good.

I really didn’t know what was in store for me. On a daily/ weekly/ monthly/ basis things have been getting better.

What a  treat this is.

I really had no idea I was running so far below par while medicated and in tolerance withdrawal for those years.

I guess sickly became my new normal. It happened so so gradual. I thought this was just who I had

grown to be. NOTTTTT!!!!

I’m feeling better then I have in years, life is beautiful. I take nothing for granted anymore. I’m happier then I’ve been in a very long time. And most importantly feel healthy, clear minded, and thankful.

There’s a few things that pulled me along my path while in wd.

Positivity being one of the biggest. I stayed away from ALL negativity whether it was family friends or on here. I realized early on, that being around negativity of any kind did me more harm then good.

Early on in wd I used distraction as one of my go to’s when my mind wouldn’t shut off. Whether it be the same tv show over and over, or forcing myself out the door to go on a walk.

Also meditation ( something that took a lot of practice) but trying to learn how to actiually meditate was distracting in itself. Don’t quite think I have it completely mastered yet but I love trying.

Acceptance ahhhh....... that was a tough one, but once I grasped it, it was a much easier path from there on.

Letting things just be and accepting that this was my life for now and one day I would be well again.

I just didn’t know things could get this good.

But one thing I do know, is that the sky is the limit. WE ALL HEAL !!

I wake up everyday with new feelings of gratitude♥️♥️🙏🏻🙏🏻

I’m happy in many ways that I went through this experience (hell). It has changed me for the better.

I wanted everyone to know that 9 months after my success story, more time has made a big difference on things that I really wasn’t anticipating.

I believe things will continue to change for me in months to come.

Keep going all you warriors⚔️⚔️

Fight till the end!!

Your all headed to a beautiful happy place ♥️♥️

Happy New year 🎉🎉

Pacodoo  🎄❄️

Hi Pacadoo,

Thank you for your success story, it's beautiful and so reassuring!

I had a recovery question for you. At what point in your recovery did you notice your brain fog and memory issues starting to ease? These are my two most distressing symptoms with the exception of DP/DR and depression. I C/T my medication so I know I have a long road ahead of me, but hearing about other people's experiences encourages me. Thanks!

Thx all ♥️♥️

Hi hellbutrin,

Well I’d say for sharpness of my mind and memory, things got a quite a bit better in between the 10-12 month mark but again I will say..... I do believe that I will contuinue to get better and better as more time passes.

I’m sure you’ve read mlmagic’s last post, here on the success board. I have to agree with her that we just get better and better as months go past.

Not a short process that’s forsure.

Good luck though and keep hanging on. Your time will come as well.

❄️🎉

Hi liveaboveit 😀😃😀

You are so welcome. Your going to get to the end of this and be better then you’ve even imagined.

All the best in 2018 🎉🎊🎉

Yeah, it’s all about acceptance and rejecting negativity in any form. Psychologists call it cognitive restructuring. It’s all about action and patience. Not giving up. No matter what. I did it once. I’ll do it again. Thank you for your inspirational story, Pacodoo. All the best in the New Year 2018. Above all - staying sober :thumbsup:

Pacodoo - thanks so much for sharing this - it was what I needed to read right now! 

One thing which is really bothering me is that I’m going to have to get off 2 further drugs after this, one of which is the antidepressant I’m on - Mirtazapine - and I’m absolutely dreading it!  Am I right in thinking you came off your antidepressant first then after 6 months in, the benzo?  How did the withdrawals compare?  I could stomach this tortuous process better if I thought it was a one off - I don’t know if I have the strength to go through another one, far less two!

I know I’m looking for reassurance no-one can really provide because we’re all so individual but I just wondered how you coped with 2 withdrawals going on at the same time? (Apologies if I’ve got that wrong).

Hi marguk 😀

Your completely right!

I did taper 20 weeks off lowest dose of pristiq. And when I finished it, I waited 6 months then started benzo taper. I didn’t know a whole Lot at that time about tapering the benzo 1st.

I was on 1 mg clonazapam and of course doctor said cut it in half every week Lololo

Well we all know how that went. I was more less a cold turkey. I was off 1 mg in 7 weeks.

But as for the taper of the AD, that went fairly smooth compared to the benzo taper. I went super slow like very very slow with a tiny weigh scale. And reduced every 7-14 days. Depending on how I felt.

I had some headaches and lots of stomach issues some dizziness and a few other things. But honestly nothing like the benzo.

We are all different but i believe if you go really slow listen to your body, you’ll do just fine.

There’s no hurry.

You been on them for how ever long now take your time and you’ll get there.

Good luck marguk!!

♥️♥️

Hi marguk 😀

Your completely right!

I did taper 20 weeks off lowest dose of pristiq. And when I finished it, I waited 6 months then started benzo taper. I didn’t know a whole Lot at that time about tapering the benzo 1st.

I was on 1 mg clonazapam and of course doctor said cut it in half every week Lololo

Well we all know how that went. I was more less a cold turkey. I was off 1 mg in 7 weeks.

But as for the taper of the AD, that went fairly smooth compared to the benzo taper. I went super slow like very very slow with a tiny weigh scale. And reduced every 7-14 days. Depending on how I felt.

I had some headaches and lots of stomach issues some dizziness and a few other things. But honestly nothing like the benzo.

We are all different but i believe if you go really slow listen to your body, you’ll do just fine.

There’s no hurry.

You been on them for how ever long now take your time and you’ll get there.

Good luck marguk!!

♥️♥️

That’s very reassuring - thanks so much! I do intend to go very slowly with the AD and desperately hope that will avoid the worst of the symptoms - I just don’t think I could go through this nightmare again!  Are these scales easily available?  I’m not sure what to do look for?

Pacodoo,

Thank you so much for taking time to come back and share with us your success story. Your post is one of my favorite success stories (read it many times already). After what you have been through, you recovered, healed, and are back to your normal self. I love it when you say that life is beautiful. Can’t wait when I am back feeling normal and can appreciate life so much more.

All the best to you in 2018!

Blessings!

Pi

Pacodoo,

Thank you so much for taking time to come back and share with us your success story. Your post is one of my favorite success stories (read it many times already). After what you have been through, you recovered, healed, and are back to your normal self. I love it when you say that life is beautiful. Can’t wait when I am back feeling normal and can appreciate life so much more.

All the best to you in 2018!

Blessings!

Pi

Hi Pi

Your very welcome. Your going to get there as well. May 2018 be your year of healing 😃😃

Pacodoo

Thank you so much Pacodoo for this! Your story is truly inspiring!

We need more people like you coming back and sharing your story, hope is much needed for us in the middle of the storm and you helped me a lot today, I really appreciate it. If you can please add your signature, that way others can see the doses you were on and how long, it's truly a great story.

Thank you!  :thumbsup: