2 years off all benzos, very high dose (16mg daily) 100% recovered!

[Sw...]

I'm well over the 2 year mark now and all w/d's have stopped quite awhile ago. Recap: I was taking 14-16 mgs of Kpins and sometimes other benzos a day for a few years when my Ptsd was not managed at all. I actually w/d cold turkey, which we all know is very bad and very dangerous but apparently I learn lessons the hard way lol. The first 2 months were pure hell, then I felt better until around the 3rd or 4th month and the w/d's picked back up (not as bad as the first 2 months) for another 5 or 6 months yet I still functioned. Guys and gals there is light at the end of the tunnel, even if you can't see it now I promise you it's there! Not only will your quality of life return it will be much higher than when you were taking benzos. Hopefully some people will see that I returned to normal even considering the crazy high dose I was taking daily and the fact I put my body thru cold turkey at such reckless dosages. I also was scripted 90 mgs of Oxycodone for pain due to a helo accident a decade ago which I c/t at the same time as the kpins. Its going to be hard no doubt about it, but you won't regret it. You are a fucking warrior, all of you... don't surrender, push thru until it's over no matter what! Life is so much better, even with unmasked pain lol. If I can survive and recover from 16 mgs of kpin a day (my health was poor at the time, very poor) so can you. I think I'm living proof recovery is possible for everyone! Please don't give up! I'm glad I found this site, everyone kept me sane on my bad mind bending days... I'm quite confident they will do the same for anyone. If anyone has any questions or tips about high dose w/d feel free to PM me! Merry Xmas everyone!

That's amazing...I'm glad you are feeling well now and giving hope to the rest of us. Did you have more mental or physical symptoms? Can you tell us how some of them progressed? Thanks. Wishing you a great life!!!

Congratulations! It sounds like you were taking an enormous amount of medication, so your recovery must be all the sweeter for knowing that you made it to the other side. Your story will undoubtedly give others hope as well.

Take good care, and enjoy your life!  :)

• 5 months later...
I'm also a veteran and your story is inspiring. Sorry that you had to go through all that trying to beat PTSD.

I was on 200 sometimes 300 mgs of valium for years until 2 years ago....no wonder I feel SO bad... yes, that  is a crazy (almost suicidal) amount,  can't believe it myself...

Me again, but you were on klonopin, that's like 140 mgs of valium? then that's certainly high, not as much as me but anyway, I'm off 87 days and my worst sxs are breathing and swallowing... been on liquids the last week, I'm too scared of choking with food...

Great story swcc,  thanks for sharing.

My father was a professional Soldier and Vietnam veteran and I treat recovery as a military operation.

Am having great success managing and controlling symptoms, especially using Tai Chi,  which I now noticed that the Veterans Affairs department is also using with US war Vets.

Has there been any other particular parts of your military training that have helped you in your recovery?