Jobs & School

[ta...]

I'm reading that many people have to stay home while experiencing WD. Is that something I should plan on? For those of you still working and/or going to school, how did you manage? Especially with the insomnia -- had 0 minutes of sleep last night, but couldn't rest. How am I going to get through this???

HI,

I know, insomnia is horrible. I am almost 8 months off benzo (and only used short term) and still  horrible insomnia. I did to cold Turkey (due to my doctor telling me too), so maybe with a slow taper you will heal faster.

I quit my job a few months ago. Partly because of the insomnia, but I also did not like my job. Being home for 3 month now and realising my insomnia is the same when I was working, made me think that doing something (work or study) is better than nothing.

So, I got 2 job interviews the past weeks and hoping to have a job again beginning of 2018.

I believe: keeping busy (if you can) is better than staying home and having a lot of focus on the symptoms. However, I realize that sometimes working is too hard also.

Just really do something you love to do, that maybe makes it a bit better.