Ashton method cross taper taking two benzos together

[Ma...]

Anyone doing the Ashton method ? I noticed she says to take the old benzo with Valium while cutting back the old benzo . I found taking both benzos together was quite strong ? Am I suppose to be taking them at the same time to trick my brain or is half an hour or hour apart make a difference ? I also trying to get my frequency down so taking together makes sense but I don't want to build tolerance this way or feel like crap . People who followed the Ashton method please chime in with your experience thank you !!!

• 1 month later...
Marilyn, I did Ashton and blame myself for it not working, trying to fix it now.  I found out I was very sensitive to valium and it sedated me terribly.  That doesn't happen to everyone, just be aware.  Also SLOW taper.  Take your time, I wish I had.  Give it a try, go slow and pay attention to you symptoms. You can do it.  :thumbsup:

• 8 months later...
I am on the Ashton Method and it's working. I started the Ketogenic Diet with Intermittent fasting, which, works in healing your body.  I felt fine till I hit stage 12, then began noticing shaking and trouble sleeping. Kava Kava worked for a few nights but after that it doesn't work.  Not smart to take too much of that stuff anyway.  I discovered CALM, a Magnesium Citrate, it worked well for a few nights, but gave me the trots. Then I discovered activated Charcoal.  I take 250 mg twice a week on empty stomach 3 hrs b4 a meal.  Then I can take my CALM regularly and it does help a little.  I also always take my Supplements daily, B Complex, C, D3, K2, Resveratrol, Grape Seed Extract, Milk Thistle (2x a day), Vitamin A.  Hawthorn Berries after meals.  I take Salmon Oil, Quercetin and Probiotics before I eat.  I don't eat till around 9 or 10 after a 16 hour fast, called Intermittent fasting, which gives your body a chance to heal and it is working.  It also balances the Sympathic and Parasympathic system in your body, heals the brain and gut this way.  I also discovered Niacin.  It does calm you, start very low dose.  I took it out of the capsule and just put my finger in it, little bit till it begins to take the edge off.  I also take Lemon Balm Tea & Capsules, it also takes the edge off.  Niacin does raise Histamine levels and hard on liver if you take too much of it, which I do not intend to do.  I am on Stage 16 now on Ashton Diet, 13mgs.  I only started at the end of July, so three months from 30 mgs to 13 mgs.  Again, when I hit Stage 12, and 13, it was awful, but I kept moving forward, that's what this method is all about.  Drink a lot of water and with Keto, you drink water with Braggs Organic Vinegar, Real Lemon Juice, Pink salt to keep your electrolytes up a couple times a day.  Drink lots of water too, it does help.  Avoid sugar, all sugars like the plague.  All dairy, and processed foods.  Get only organic meats, Cage Free Eggs, etc.  I've been getting better bcuz of doing all this.  My husband saw how it was helping me and got on the Ketogenic diet too, he lost 8 pounds.  I am already thin, bcuz when I tried to get off Adivan, I hit the wall, lost 32 pounds.  I weigh 106 now.  Soooo, I'm not trying to lose weight, so I eat a carb at supper to stop the weight loss.  But Ketogenic Diet will help you not only lose weight, it will heal your body, brain and take off the weight and help with the withdrawals.  It won't take them away, but it will help along with all I've shared with you.  Read up on it on YouTube and the Internet, you'll be amazed at how great this diet is.  It also removes your hunger......the good fats, Coconut Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Grass Fed Butter (KeriGold), satiates you, and takes great in tea.  I don't drink coffee.  Check Dave Asbury, and his book, Headstrong.  Amazing.  Let me know how you are doing if you follow this strictly.  It also removes all cravings for sweets, which is a killer.  Best of luck and God's Best to you, God did make a way.