Anyone else's anxiety get worse at night?

[Li...]

I struggle with this, but it feels more on the chemical side of things, rather than me actually having issues with night time or lack of daytime distractions.. It honestly feels like my anxiety intensifies at night, as do the constant obsessive thoughts. My family has noticed this, as well.. I can cope decently during the day, but everything changes at night and the anxiety gets out of control. It even happens when I am not aware of the shift from day to night. Anyone else notice this?

Yes, mine is worst at night most of the time. I start having obsessive thoughts about not healing, being stuck forever in this altered reality, and never having the chance to finish my goals. I also find I can't sit still, otherwise the anxiety worsens, like if I stop moving (always fidgeting) I get panicky. Having something to focus on helps a little. I sometimes draw, do puzzles, or other things that require some form of movement. Sometimes nothing works and I just have to deal with it...easier said than done. ::)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Of course since I started tapering, the playbook is always calling audibles, but here is my most common daily timeline:

7am: Wake up, feel great for 30 min.

Anxiety for 1-2 hours (sometimes more)

9:30 am: Slight window

11:30 or 12PM anxiety

12-13:00 bad anxiety

Lunch

Worse anxiety

1400-1430: Slight window

1430-1800 Mixed bag depending on the day..can be mild panic attacks that make meetings annoying to outright having to sit in my car debating if the ER is going to be part of my day

1800-1930 FORCE myself to lift, usually have at least 30 min of feeling like death with panic attacks

1930-2100 actually feel pretty good

Dinner

Worse axiety

1130-030 window

Pill

Anxiety

Sleep

REPEAT

Morning is currently hell for me.

I wake up around 5 - 5.30 with a pounding heart, very high anxiety leaning to a panic attack. Every single day now, it's insane.

I try to fall back asleep but it's impossible, sometimes i lay in bed until 9 and my mind just keeps racing and ruminating. After a while it gets so exhausted that my body calms down a bit.

For me it starts around 5am.  Really bad anxiety.  Lasts all morning.  Afternoon is sometimes better/sometimes not.  After 8pm it is usually better until 5am, then it all starts over again.  I think mine may be tied to my circadian rhythm.