Rapper, LOGIC suffer from w/d?

[wa...]

I honestly doubt he was/is on meds. He seems very vibrant, clear-headed and, more importantly, he's seen his parents struggle with everything. Usually kids tend to shy away from things their parents struggle with.

It's entirely possible he could have developed depersonalization and derealization just from intense touring, pushing himself, exhaustion, etc. etc.

Maybe I will be proven wrong, but I think he seems very in touch with who he is.

I respectfully disagree.  Most people "know" who they are.  Relevant to time/place, etc.  I was more energetic on the meds for a long time.  Most adult children are predisposed to using drugs/alcohol - illicit or rx. --  It has yet to be seen what happened to Logic that entire year he described as having "anxiety".  People will believe what they want to, to be sure.  Time may tell.  W

Like Loraz said, this is an uplifting documentary. He has so much energy and thinks very clearly. Benzos would gradually suck all the creativity and energy out. The fact that he plays piano four hours a day could have helped get him out of anxiety. I don't know why he had the DP/DR (it sounded more like DR to me because I used to have that pretty badly), but it could have been something with the genes. Who knows. But he seems fine now, in good spirits, and seems to have a lot of dreams for the future.

I think if a child has been badly affected by seeing his parents abuse alcohol or drugs, there is the tendency to stay far away from that, or to at least be mindful of the fact that it could happen. He seems very driven, and part of that could have come from seeing his parents lose a lot in their lives.