One month and counting

[ni...]

Today I reached a milestone of being clonazepam free for one month. It is a great feeling to be free of this drug after almost 20 years!!

Thanks for all the support!

Thanks phenix, congratulations to you too! What a milestone for both of us.

I am sorry for the loss of your father. Please know you are in my thoughts.

Thanks nightwatch. It's a rough bumpy road, but at least there is a road involved in this journey. Congratulations to you too. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  :smitten:

One month down and you've probably discovered a depth of strength you never knew you had. One day all of this will be behind you and see how far you've grown as a person.

MTfan, thanks for the positive thoughts.  It is amazing what we can do once we make our minds up to it!! Most days are a struggle, but once I decided I wanted off of benzos, there really was no turning back. You have been through a lot! Congratulation on how far you have come, also. We are a group of strong, determined people who have come together to succeed being drug free.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Jorge, I still have some symptoms, while others have disappeared. The worse being insomnia, but I posted on my blog about finally sleeping last night for 6 straight hours, waking up and going back to sleep for another hour. Life is good. My RLS still kicks up at night, my energy has not returned, brain fog not so bad. Nerve pain left mid taper and returned a few days ago, then left again.  The tinnitus is still going strong, but perhaps not as loud as before. I do try to tune it out, when I can. I'm happy being free of benzos, this Christmas, for the first time in 20 years!!

congratulations on the month plus free from benzos, looks like you have side stepped the acute stage of withdrawal as I did, things should get better as the time passes, please don't do as I did and put a time frame on your healing only to be disappointed when that time came and went.

It will take as long as it takes.

Have a very happy and med free new year.

2trusting

2trusting, my symptoms have not been acute, except for the very beginning, when I was tapering too quickly. I found BB and re-upped to 0.5 mgs of clonazepam, before I started the ever so slow taper. I used a gram scale to weigh everything out. It all did seem to help a lot.

I won't say this has been easy, because it isn't, but it is possible! My insomnia is the most difficult and worrisome to deal with. I sometimes stress about being demented. I've thought about going to my husband's neurologist, but I doubt I could pass the cognitive test right now. meh

I will try not to put a time frame on this healing. Thanks! Have a happy new year too!

• 3 weeks later...
2trusting, thanks for the comments about putting a time frame on this recovery process. I'm trying not to, but then I just want to be past this.  I try to take it a day at a time. My energy level has not returned, but I figured that was part of the insomnia. My brain processing/memory seems worse. A lot of the beginning symptoms are gone, so this is good. I am hanging in there and taking it a day at a time.  I really am happy to be finally free of clonazepam!!

• 1 month later...

I've reached the four month milestone off of clonazepam. I am so thankful to be benzo free!!  Life will get better.

I am happy for all of the support that I have received on BB. You all helped make it happen.  :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your one month anniversary of being benzo free - what an accomplishment! We all know the hard work that goes into reaching this point, so well done!! Wishing you nothing but smooth sailing ahead in the months and years to come.  And by the way, tinnitus is still with me as well 6 weeks after my taper, but I feel that if that is the worst at this point, so be it - life is good! Missy

I've reached the four month milestone off of clonazepam. I am so thankful to be benzo free!!  Life will get better.

I am happy for all of the support that I have received on BB. You all helped make it happen.  :thumbsup:

Congrats on 4 months benzo-free!  :highfive:

I hope some symptoms have lessened in intensity for you or taken a hike altogether. That was an important improvement for me after the first few months post-jump.

Best wishes for continued healing!