I just wanted to come back and say...

[...]

Remember every day that this does get better over time. 

it's been a while since i've been out here, but a thought recently popped into my head that i never wrote a success story.  So i'm back to tell you that things do get better. 

Right now, it's been 5+ years since i quit xanax.  i was part of the August 2012 jump club here, a bunch of us BBs jumped that same month in 2012.  For some reason i'm a very slow healer, the 1st year i went through a long year of various wd symptoms (anxiety, headaches, aching arms & legs & chest, benzobelly, DR/DP, etc), it was a daily rollercoaster and truthfully really hard to tell if healing was going on.  For me the 2nd and 3rd years became more fighting with migraines and depression, and less of the other sxs over time.  You can read my blog if you want, I tried to blog about what I went through for most of those 3 years. 

But things are so much better now.  For at least a year, I haven't thought too much about how I'm feeling day to day, or had to fear that onslaught of symptoms appearing out of the blue, so it's pretty much normal life now.  To me that's the sweetest part, because back a few years ago I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to be "normal" again.  Though I'd rather forget it, I'll always remember what that felt like.

So, hang in there everyone!  the healing does take hold.  it can take time, but it does happen. 

Zeek

That’s great! Thanks for coming back to write the success story. A lot of people in the thick of it need those.

I wrote mine a few months ago and mostly feel fine now. I was REALLY bad off too for a while. So healing does happen.  :thumbsup:

Congratulations zeek,

You did pretty well at least! Working through your recovery and mostly living life even though not to its fullest. Unlike many of us here that are housebound or bedridden.

Enjoy the future!

I cannot thank you enough for coming back, especially as you were a slow healer. We are all different there are so many in this category that need the encouragement and I am one of those. I think a lot of the ones that write a success story earlier are just having a window, not all , but a lot as they often are in the thick of it later on. This has helped me and I am one of those that has no windows, just constant and totally worn out.

Thank you  :smitten:

Remember every day that this does get better over time. 

it's been a while since i've been out here, but a thought recently popped into my head that i never wrote a success story.  So i'm back to tell you that things do get better. 

Right now, it's been 5+ years since i quit xanax.  i was part of the August 2012 jump club here, a bunch of us BBs jumped that same month in 2012.  For some reason i'm a very slow healer, the 1st year i went through a long year of various wd symptoms (anxiety, headaches, aching arms & legs & chest, benzobelly, DR/DP, etc), it was a daily rollercoaster and truthfully really hard to tell if healing was going on.  For me the 2nd and 3rd years became more fighting with migraines and depression, and less of the other sxs over time.  You can read my blog if you want, I tried to blog about what I went through for most of those 3 years. 

But things are so much better now.  For at least a year, I haven't thought too much about how I'm feeling day to day, or had to fear that onslaught of symptoms appearing out of the blue, so it's pretty much normal life now.  To me that's the sweetest part, because back a few years ago I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to be "normal" again.  Though I'd rather forget it, I'll always remember what that felt like.

So, hang in there everyone!  the healing does take hold.  it can take time, but it does happen. 

Zeek

Hey zeek

Thanks for coming back & sharing your story. Many folks here suffering day to day will most definitely benefit from hearing your positive words of healing & support.

Congratulations! And thank you for coming back to write about how you're doing. As a fellow slow healer, I really appreciate hearing from you. Enjoy your good health!

Thank you so much for being back posting your story.

May I ask if you had social phobia/agoraphobia/uneasiness with people during your recovery ?

I'm afraid if social interactions and my brain doesnt feel right when there is people :/

Take care and thank you again

Wow, this is so good for me to read today, zeek!! Thanks so, so much for coming back and letting us know that you've gotten over this crap. At almost 4 years off, I feel a lessening of symptoms but am still thinking every moment of the day of this.

WONDERFUL JOB!!! YOU KEPT GOING AND YOU MADE IT!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Imek, Siggy, virek, marj, Bella Amis, Lapis2, Nightwatch, yong, Terry38, Riversedge - thank you all for the congratulations!  I'm really happy I could finally come back and share a little positive news.  It will happen for you too.  I hope it's soon for you all. 

Siggy - congratulations on your success too, that's really awesome to hear you are feeling good!!    :thumbsup:

yong - yes, i did have a ramp up in my social uneasiness during my recovery.  i was lucky that i was able to work through my whole recovery, but for a long stretch of my recovery the interaction with people at work was all i could take each day, and i had to isolate to just recover from the day.  that has slowly been getting better too - the social situations have became less overwhelming the past year or so.

Z

I understand about the work situation. Some have no choice, yet get judged as not having it as bad, which is ludicrous. If they saw how bad it was, the tears, fear unbearable pain and so much more, they would not judge so harshly. I understand how you will have suffered and if I didn’t literally drag myself there, I would be bedridden and homeless! I just had to say this and congrats again.

Can I also ask if you felt your brain felt totally traumatised and the slightest negative thing felt like a threat? If that makes sense!

I understand about the work situation. Some have no choice, yet get judged as not having it as bad, which is ludicrous. If they saw how bad it was, the tears, fear unbearable pain and so much more, they would not judge so harshly. I understand how you will have suffered and if I didn’t literally drag myself there, I would be bedridden and homeless! I just had to say this and congrats again.

Can I also ask if you felt your brain felt totally traumatised and the slightest negative thing felt like a threat? If that makes sense!

Yes for Me!  Everything and everyone is a threat since I started cutting....I also relate to the Work comment....I work, it takes everything out of me mentally. When I get home I want no Interaction with anyone.  If there is people over my house I don't even say hello. I walk right past them and go upstairs.  I guess I'm a little pissed in a sense that I feel no one understands what I'm going through. Don't have support I need because they don't understand how I feel. 

I remember you Zeek! Thank you for coming back and spreading your compassion and hope for a better day. So happy for you. Congratulations!

Love, Jackie  :smitten:

Congratulations Zeek,

Thank you for taking the time and still caring and remembering to come back to give hope to all on this journey.

Best to you

Saraa

• 2 months later...

thank you rothschilde, nevercantell, Arkansas1122, marj, Lonelysoul71, jackie brown, Saraa, hope you all have good days ahead.

jackie brown, I remember you too! your words out here were always an helpful to me while I was recovering, thank you for your inspiration and your help!  :smitten:

marj, yes, I had many times when my brain felt really traumatized, actually most of my recovery my brain felt traumatized. Negative things really got to me, i had to remind myself many times that it's my brain making too big a deal out of things.  That happens alot in this recovery, it's just so easy to get overloaded and overreact.  if that make sense...

zeek  :smitten:

[c4...]

zeek,

Thank you so much for coming back and for taking the time to answer our questions. It's such a comfort to me this morning.

Wishing you a long, beautiful life of wellness, happiness and peace.  :smitten:

Lara

• 3 weeks later...

Glad for you.

I'm dealing with Xanax withdrawal and still tapering so it's great to hear of success. Xanax seems to be particularly rough.

Thanks for sharing