Benzo tweet from Dr. David Juurlink today

[La...]

I think Dr. Juurlink (pharmacologist, toxicologist, professor) and RxRenegade -- a pharmacist -- are quite serious in their questioning of the over-prescription of benzos. Twitter is an informal way to bring up the topic, but I'm glad it's being exposed even a small bit by such professionals. I always hope they'll speak up loud and clear, and take action. That would be the best.

[75...]

I think Dr. Juurlink (pharmacologist, toxicologist, professor) and RxRenegade -- a pharmacist -- are quite serious in their questioning of the over-prescription of benzos. Twitter is an informal way to bring up the topic, but I'm glad it's being exposed even a small bit by such professionals. I always hope they'll speak up loud and clear, and take action. That would be the best.

Whew, that’s good – I took it that he was actually taking that combo, yikes

Whew, that’s good – I took it that he was actually taking that combo, yikes

Me too! ...and the thing is, it wouldn't surprise me  ::)

If you click on his moniker, you'll see that he's a pharmacist and pharmacy owner in Windsor, Ontario. He said he had a "new one" last week -- meaning, a new customer -- who must have been prescribed all of those things at the same time. Unbelievable, really. That looks like a brutal combination.

The pharmacist didn't mention what he did about that potentially deadly combination. One would hope that he did A LOT of patient education. I'm not sure if he can contact the doctor and question what was prescribed, but I really hope he did. Seems like the responsible thing to do.

The pharmacist didn't mention what he did about that potentially deadly combination. One would hope that he did A LOT of patient education. I'm not sure if he can contact the doctor and question what was prescribed, but I really hope he did. Seems like the responsible thing to do.

I agree, Lapis! That hit me like a ton of bricks what the customer was ingesting! YIKES is right!