Anyone else struggle with an "overwhelmed" feeling for no reason?

[Li...]

I do have some anxiety, but I'm mostly able to handle it and just want withdrawal to end, so I can heal and feel normal again.. But anytime I get stressed or anxious, I get this incredible feeling of .. just feeling overwhelmed, like I can't do it, can't handle it.. And my mind immediately starts throwing suicidal thoughts at me. I absolutely do not feel that way, nor would I ever, but the thoughts are there regardless. My mind races and I just can't seem to find a "reason to live", even though I know that I WANT to live.. It's almost like someone is living inside my head, feeding me thoughts that I cannot relate to, but they are just on repeat while my mind races.

Has anyone struggled with this? My issues aren't THAT bad.. I mean, they can be terrifying and horrible, but even in moments where I feel mostly together, I have these feelings and thoughts.

Hi , I can totally relate , it’s quite disturbing . I see a therapist for this because the thoughts are obsessive intrusive thoughts , she’s teaching me techniques on accepting my thoughts but it is so hard but I have no choice because I just want to live . Stay strong

I think overwhelmed could very well be another word for anxious even though we don't realize it.

It's our fragile nervous systems. Me as well, i want to feel normal again. I hate this.

I do have some anxiety, but I'm mostly able to handle it and just want withdrawal to end, so I can heal and feel normal again.. But anytime I get stressed or anxious, I get this incredible feeling of .. just feeling overwhelmed, like I can't do it, can't handle it.. And my mind immediately starts throwing suicidal thoughts at me. I absolutely do not feel that way, nor would I ever, but the thoughts are there regardless. My mind races and I just can't seem to find a "reason to live", even though I know that I WANT to live.. It's almost like someone is living inside my head, feeding me thoughts that I cannot relate to, but they are just on repeat while my mind races.

Has anyone struggled with this? My issues aren't THAT bad.. I mean, they can be terrifying and horrible, but even in moments where I feel mostly together, I have these feelings and thoughts.

YES! exactly as you described. If I get caught up in them, I usually start to break down and cry.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes! Very much so. And often with some situation that the ‘normal non-Benzo me’ could handle just fine. It feels like my body is reacting without my mind’s input.

[09...]

These mental symptoms seem to have ramped up for me in direct correlation to adrenaline surges.

after all this time, its proven to be perhaps the most difficult phase of all this.

i feel like if the adrenaline deal calms a bit, maybe finally ill start seeing the other side of this nightmare.

my mind is just racing out of control with my anxiousness now. scary place.

Yes,I can totally relate

Anything feels "too much". I can't handle that. Yeah,overwhelmed

this often comes along with some kind of adrenaline surges

In the early withdrawal I got some weird unpleasant euphoria that felt very chemical,do you get this too?

[09...]

ive gotten those sorta euphoric feelings too sometimes, theyre strong for a short amount of time. its actually a sort of...dare i say...good?? feeling, but almost like an overfill of it. could that be good? like healing? like the brain fighting to cram the ability to feel joy back in there?

may the gods make this so....

Yes, I've had this.  Yesterday was a great day and I was able to help someone else.  Today I'm in the pits.  It's very difficult but it will change because it always does.

I am moving and training for a new job and I just want to crawl into a hole sometimes.

Tiny

I have this too. It does feel like there's a demon in my brain, and he is there to put the destructive thoughts there.  The only thing different about my thoughts is that I don't feel suicidal, I feel homicidal.  I know I don't want to hurt anyone and I'm not taking action to do that. 

I have a hard time turning off the thoughts when it starts, but I know that I control my actions and I cannot control all of my thoughts.  That's part of what makes me more okay with it.  I have some usual violent fantasies that my brain goes through, and it's weird, and I often think of writing a story about someone evil doing this stuff.  It's really sick and my normal self would never think these things. 

Yes I had at least two periods of euphoria, one that lasted the evening and then I awoke with all of the anxiety and negative symptoms back. I started to get nervous during the euphoria that I was becoming bipolar (I have no history of this). It was so strange and also felt very chemical.