Chronic pelvic pain/prostatitis anybody?

[st...]

Been experiencing chronic prostatitis / pelvic pain like symptoms over the past 7 weeks. Unsure if this is benzo related or not. So far diagnostics have all come back normal. The pain when acute is chronic and I'm experiencing rectum spasming and genital pain.

Anyone going through something similar? Please tell me this gets better

Staunch

• 4 weeks later...
Prostatitis is usually stress related. A year and a half ago l had the same problem. It came on fast and was painful. I went to a after hours clinic because it was a weekend and they tested me for a infection and of coarse it was negative. They still said I had prostatitis and put me on Cipro. I took it for almost 4 weeks and it did nothing. I finally emailed the doctor that help me get over my other wd sxs and told him what was going on. He ask me 2 things. Are you focusing on it and are you worrying about it, and I said yeah, all the time. He said that's why it won't go away. He said as long as your preoccupied with it , it won't go away. He said ignore it like all  your other sxs and it will pass to. A week later it was gone. What people don't understand here is that it's the fear and worrying about the sxs that keeps them going. If you can truely stop the fear, and focusing on the sxs, they will go away. Trust me.

Was yours  withdrawal related?

I get what you are saying regarding the vicious cycle of fixating on a health issue and it exacerbating it, but I'm not sure that's entirely my case. My pain fluctuates from a 7-9/10. I've come close to passing out  twice due to the acute pain levels. I simply can't ignore it with this level of pain. Arousal makes it a lot worse also.

It's very hard to keep anxiety levels down in withdrawal too so that's another uphill battle if the pelvic pain is correlated to withdrawal.

wasn't sure if it was or not. had so many weird sxs I assumed it was. If I could make my body relax it would eased up. Went to 2 different urologist 4 times in a month, but it wasn't until that doctor I was working with told me that the reason it wouldn't go away was because I was afraid of it. Once I stopped worrying about and said to myself, I don't care if it goes away or not, it quit hurting. Every now and then it tries to come back and I ignore it and it goes away. I don't have many sxs anymore because when I get one, old sxs I've had before. They don't scare me anymore, I ignore them and they go away.

Go to YouTube and put in the doctors from the tv show. put in the doctors, Casey's pain. Its about a 14 year old boy that had pain so bad he did pass out. There are 2 shows, the second one when he got better. Alan, the guy that helped him was trained by the Dr. that help me get over this. Have a open mind, because this is what helped me.

Thanks for your response.

I'm sorry I'm not sure what you're saying to type in. I will make sure I watch it, just not sure what to type in specifically.

Type in ( the doctors Casey's pain ) should come up. Also check out the TMS wiki website. There's a forum and a home  site. At the home site at the top, click on the pain recover program. It was a 21 day thing alan, the guy from the doctors show did. Read them all but first click on breaking the pain cycle. Listen to the clip when him and the lady.

This isn't a bunch of bull---. When I lost my fear of my sxs, that's when I got better. My food sensitivities, everything. Pain causes fear and fear causes more pain.

Thank you, I just checked out the YouTube video, very interesting. Stands to reason if this is psychosemantic or if there is a psychopsematic element to this that it would also be amplified by a compromised CNS in benzo withdrawal.

There are also other causes of pelvic pain/prostatitis like bacterial, biomechanical, auto immune, pelvic floor dysfunction. I believe the fear can absolutely contribute but I don't think that's the case for everybody.

I've come across a few people with similar issues on benzo buddies. Im surprised there hasn't been any more comments. I'm hoping this is all withdrawal.

• 3 weeks later...

So crazy to find this symptom here... I was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis 4-6 years ago.. it was debilitating the first 6-8 months.. I had to sit on a donught to drive.. this started my pain killer addiction.. My urologist also prescribed me Xanax at a low dose but I didn’t take them for long periods maybe a few weeks.. I stoped taking pain killers over 2 years ago.. my prostatitis symptoms did subside to now 20-30% of what they originally were.. but I do relate it to stress and also a herniated disc in my l-5 s-1 ... I had regular prostate massages and also sitz baths in the beginning.. this helped.. also you tube  pidgeon pose..this also helped.. looking back I know that stress was a major contributor to my symptoms..

I was tested over and over again for pathogens even had a systoscopy.... never found anything other than high white blood count which was an indication of inflammation.. don’t let this drive you crazy.. be at peace..