BARRY HASLAM ON UK NEWS TONIGHT ... CALLS FOR PUBLIC INQUIRY

[lo...]

Barry Haslam has compaigned for over 30 years in the UK.  He appeared on TV news tonight, calling for a public inquiry.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2017-11-17/watch-calls-for-public-inquiry-into-the-prescription-of-legal-drugs-that-could-be-as-addictive-as-cocaine-and-heroin/

It would be amazing if as many people as possible could tweet the journalist, the TV station and the Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham thanking them and supporting Barry's call for an inquiry.

@ElaineWITV

@Granada Reports

@MayorofGM

The TV station is currently working on a documentary but don't have any further details.

Thank you so much.

Best wishes

Fiona  :thumbsup:

Thanks. Report says some prescription drugs as addictive as heroin and cocaine; this is not quite accurate. I believe benzos have a greater potential for severe physical dependence.

Thanks, babyrex. 

The media like to use the word "addiction", Pedro.  Nothing we can say will stop them, sadly.

I would never, ever agree to an interview where they use the "A" word inappropriately to sell the story. Maybe that means that I would never be able to do an interview, but honestly that is ok by me because I strongly believe that misleading people is the wrong way to go about solving this problem.

Barry was successful in obtaining dedicated withdrawal services in his local area, one of the very few areas to have such facilities in the UK.  He is now trying to have those services replicated across the Greater Manchester area.  What he would really like is for these facilities to be replicated across the UK.  It remains to be seen whether the Mayor of Greater Manchester can deliver on this.

We will wait and see.