In W/D but... happy!

[ma...]

Hello :)

This is really weird. My symptoms increased when I crossed the 50% line and also because I've been working a lot all day. However, I like my new job a lot, I'm excited about it. The result is strange: I'm dizzy, with a headache and get tired much faster and, yet, I feel happy. A little like when you drink :idiot:

Anybody else feeling this way?

• 2 months later...

Hello :)

This is really weird. My symptoms increased when I crossed the 50% line and also because I've been working a lot all day. However, I like my new job a lot, I'm excited about it. The result is strange: I'm dizzy, with a headache and get tired much faster and, yet, I feel happy. A little like when you drink :idiot:

Anybody else feeling this way?

Engaging in an activity you’re passionate about causes the release of dopamine. Many ppl become addicted to mind-altering substances, cause they have nothing in their life they’re passionate about. So the addictive substance fills that void. For me, photography is more important than Valium. But I have a physical dependence on Valium. The less of this poison I take the more I realize how it has ruined my life. It’s very painful. I have happy moments, when I’m able to engage in activities I’m passionate about. I come here to escape from the suffering caused by benzo WD. But I escape too much. "The cure for pain is in the pain." That was said by Rumi. When I first saw it, I found it funny. Now I can see how deep the meaning of these words actually is.

Photography is a great way of escaping. I'm an amateur photographer and for me it's like meditation. Pity that I now have no time for it because I'm much slower in all the rest and need to sleep a lot. But, yes, doing things we're passionate about is the best way of healing. And of living!

• 3 weeks later...
[2e...]

I feel like this the first few days of withdrawal. I feel happy and talkative. And anxiety free. I like that part of the withdrawal.

I always feel like that when i drink coffe :laugh:

Like 80% happier than before. My Kitty is ecstatic to have her Mom back. Almost as happy as she was before 2014. There is no better reward for me.

• 8 months later...

I feel this way - I can see my real "me" my true self underneath the ativan and the sxs, it's not a 'high" so to speak but feels generally good.  I am still meeting challenges every day but there is a kind of clean, I recognize my old bubbly self thing happening that buoys my spirit and keeps me hopeful.  :yippee:

• 3 weeks later...

I feel this way - I can see my real "me" my true self underneath the ativan and the sxs, it's not a 'high" so to speak but feels generally good.  I am still meeting challenges every day but there is a kind of clean, I recognize my old bubbly self thing happening that buoys my spirit and keeps me hopeful.  :yippee:

That is great to hear and we need to hear it, so thank you!  You go girl  ;D

Love Mary, ☮️💜🙏

That is great to hear and we need to hear it, so thank you!  You go girl  ;D

Love Mary, ☮️💜🙏

:smitten: Thank you Mary, thanks for all the encouragement and good things you say here! I think it is important we recognize what's positive.  :thumbsup:

:hug: Hope you are well today. 💝 - PH