klonopin--> valium taper help!

[st...]

I have been taking low dose benzos for anxiety for 2 years now. I am desperately trying to get off but I a terrified of seizures. I was taking .25 of klonopin per day, right before bed. have successfully switched over to valium. DO not have any reliable psychiatrist, she knows nothing about benzos and told me I could just stop taking the kpins, I didn't trust that. So for the past two weeks I have been taking the equivalent (5mg) of valium per day, aka one pill. Two days ago I started breaking that in half so I am currently taking 2.5 mg of valium per night. How long should I stay before cutting that in half? When can I jump off? Am I at risk for seizures? I know the dose is low but the time frame is long to be on these things. Any advice is appreciated!

My psych correctly told me if you quit you can have seizures. But it might be different on a low dosage. But don't stop in case she is wrong. Glad you are on the valium for now. He told me and I checked with addiction centers that is the safest way. I was on 4 my I think. Every 3-4 weeks I went down half so I was done in 4 months. You should be under the care of a Dr as you taper though. I took another med to sleep more than 3 hours. It was tough at times and he ran tests to make sure I was ok.