Sex sets me back really bad...pls help

[fo...]

Hi guys, I'm 8 months and a half off benzos and I've realized that every time I have sex, masturbate or orgasm I feel like I'm thrown back into acute for about two weeks... I get extreme anxiety, depression and the most horrifying dp/dr. I get extremely extremely dizzy and lightheaded for days after anything sexual. Is this related to benzo withdrawal?

p.s I have no history of being sexually abused or anything like that.

Orgasm would set me into a pretty severe state on and off through withdrawal. It's been better the last couple months but it has been rough for sure.

Orgasm would set me into a pretty severe state on and off through withdrawal. It's been better the last couple months but it has been rough for sure.

how long would it take for you to recover after and how long have you been off benzos for?

O.K I'm going to pitch in and answer this one in a 'Dear Abby' on benzos sort of way.

When we are recovering from benzos our bodies are hyper-sensitive to everything. All the senses are revved up to far past normal levels.

Sex can change from being quite pleasurable because of the increased sensitivity, to unbearable because of too much stimulation .

Another problem for the benzo recoverer is that sex raises the heart rate and blood pressure .  Usually the C.N.S quickly brings these levels down after orgasm, but a challenged C.N.S may not be able to do this as efficiently , causing anxiety, palpitations, panic etc.

O.K I'm going to pitch in and answer this one in a 'Dear Abby' on benzos sort of way.

When we are recovering from benzos our bodies are hyper-sensitive to everything. All the senses are revved up to far past normal levels.

Sex can change from being quite pleasurable because of the increased sensitivity, to unbearable because of too much stimulation .

Another problem for the benzo recoverer is that sex raises the heart rate and blood pressure .  Usually the C.N.S quickly brings these levels down after orgasm, but a challenged C.N.S may not be able to do this as efficiently , causing anxiety, palpitations, panic etc.

thank you, that explains a lot. I just wish i could go back to how I used to be prior to benzos already, this sucks. :/

how long would it take for you to recover after and how long have you been off benzos for?

Anywhere from a few mins to a whole day or more. I'm in month 12 currently and it is a lot better now.. still some troubles though.

Anywhere from a few mins to a whole day or more. I'm in month 12 currently and it is a lot better now.. still some troubles though.

How is your DP/DR so far?

You will recover and you will be able to enjoy all the things ( including sex ) that you are missing now.

I think that we all have a list of things we want  to catch up on after recovery. Mine includes a few glasses of good red wine .

You will recover and you will be able to enjoy all the things ( including sex ) that you are missing now.

I think that we all have a list of things we want  to catch up on after recovery. Mine includes a few glasses of good red wine .

How long have you been off for?

I have been off for about a year. I jumped from a tiny dose of remeron about a month ago which brought on some savage side effects, but thankfully those seem to be getting a bit better.

I have been off for about a year. I jumped from a tiny dose of remeron about a month ago which brought on some savage side effects, but thankfully those seem to be getting a bit better.

When did your DP/DR start getting better? Around what month? That's my biggest struggle thus far...

Sensitivity has increased.  Suggestion- if you are female, you can decrease the intensity of tool.  You will drive self nuts on certain setting.  Pull further away from sensitive area when in on mode. 

Sex is also a problem for me, my fiancé understands my situation so we don't indulge. Either way, the other symptoms are very overwhelming at the moment so I much rather let this pass. Erections are not a problem, low libido and early ejaculation are terrible. Even in a perfectly healthy human, anxiety will down regulate your sex drive and pleasure system.

Sex is also a problem for me, my fiancé understands my situation so we don't indulge. Either way, the other symptoms are very overwhelming at the moment so I much rather let this pass. Erections are not a problem, low libido and early ejaculation are terrible. Even in a perfectly healthy human, anxiety will down regulate your sex drive and pleasure system.

I'm very fortunate that my partner is also understanding of my situation. When it comes to libido for me it's the complete opposite, my sex drive goes high when I'm anxious and the more I abstain the more anxious I get about wanting to be sexually satisfied. But when I do have sex my symptoms just go crazy, I get extreme lethargy unlike anything... I'm 23 years old and withdrawal is very hard for me sometimes because I want to be able to enjoy my youth and go out and do things like I used to with friends and family... It's gotten better on this month, I've been pushing myself a bit and it's been helping a ton but I just wish I could be healed already.

I'm very fortunate that my partner is also understanding of my situation. When it comes to libido for me it's the complete opposite, my sex drive goes high when I'm anxious and the more I abstain the more anxious I get about wanting to be sexually satisfied. But when I do have sex my symptoms just go crazy, I get extreme lethargy unlike anything... I'm 23 years old and withdrawal is very hard for me sometimes because I want to be able to enjoy my youth and go out and do things like I used to with friends and family... It's gotten better on this month, I've been pushing myself a bit and it's been helping a ton but I just wish I could be healed already.

How long are you Benzo free bud?