Author Topic: Parents of toddlers/young children  (Read 1264 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Parents of toddlers/young children
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 01:34:11 pm »
I'm sorry that there are others in the same place as me. I have a 2 year old. And it's very difficult. She's lively and fun and I'm..., struggling. Hope y'all are having better days.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 01:49:12 pm »
i have guilt i cant shed. i have on and off akathisia and was in psychosis for nearly a yr bedridden and out of my mind
 i was a mom who took him on vacations and all over just thr two of us. now i cant take him to the store. ive done things bc the pain was so great that i regret. said things i regret and thought things that make me want to vomit. cops have come to the house a million times and a few times specific to cjeck on his wellbeing. o wake up to that knowledge and shame every day. raising a kid while you are one of the worst cases there is
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 02:55:48 pm »
This is such an old thread. Still feeling this after 30 months off meds. Not sure it's going to go away anytime soon. Only slight improvements.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2020, 04:06:21 pm »
boy mom: And this is where you explain to your child and others it was not you, but what the drugs did to you.

None of us are ourselves in this.

And say it to yourself too, " that was not me..that was the drugs and wd..I am the person I remember. I will continue to be that person again".

I find others "forgive" us more easily than we forgive ourselves. Ironically there is nothing to forgive. So much of  our behaviors in this are not intentional, not our fault.