Study, Oct/17: "Antidepressant-related jitteriness syndrome in anxiety..."

[La...]

Yes, that happened to me with Zoloft. I was given it because of the breakup of my marriage. I tried it for two days. I couldn't stand having the jitters. I didn't take any more of it. The next time my NP tries to get me to take an AD, I'll mention that because having the jitters would lead to high blood pressure for me. I didn't really consider myself anxious in those days, just hyper. But it certainly didn't cause high blood pressure back then.

I'm not a fan of these medications at all. I'm glad you didn't stay on your SSRI too long, Terry. I regret having taken Prozac, with all its side effects, one of which can be lowered bone density. Wish I'd known that a long time ago, since I'm now dealing with a fracture related to bone density issues. Very, very bummed out.

Oh, Lapis, I hope you heal very soon! It must be so hard. I'm still dizzy much of the time, and having an added fracture would make it doubly hard. I wish you well!! :smitten:

I'm doing okay now. Every day is different, though. My toughest times are in the mornings.

Thanks so much for the good wishes, Terry. I have to say that this has been the worst experience of my life. Dizziness, plus bone density-related fracture, plus pain in the other foot, plus loud tinnitus from the NSAIDs earlier on, plus diarrhea for weeks (stress), plus lack of sleep. It's been over the top, really. Lots of tears during sleepless nights.

But I'm glad to hear that you're doing better, Terry. That's really good to hear. I hope those morning difficulties fade away too...SOON! I know you've been at this a long time too, and I really, really wish you all the best.  :-*