Physician’s article about her personal benzo experience on kevinmd.com

[Ho...]

Just a few weeks and her troubles began.Makes me even more confident that benzos did this to me.

The first two lines describing her waking up with a jolt, heart racing in a panic...yup yup yup. exactly how everything started for me.

I could have written these very words.  It all started when I was r/xed Klonopin for insomnia  when my daughter was six years old.  Now she is about to turn 18 and leave for college.  I have missed out on so much of her life:(

I pray this article will open up the eyes of doctors!  Not one that i have seen in all these 10 years has ever mentioned  Klonopin could be what has caused so much pain and suffering.  They just r/x more drugs.  I went from never having been on a single drug to being on multiple drugs.

Now, the hardest part of all is getting  off of all of them esp. the Klonopin!

Thanks for posting.

You are all very welcone! If you have Facebook or twitter you can share it to your personal page. I’m hoping for a lot of shares to get the word out :)

Thanks for speaking out, Hope. If there is anyone who has the power to affect any kind of change it is someone who has a license to practice medicine. I probably know more about psych drugs than any doctor I have ever met, but they won't take any of us who don't have a degree (but who actually have experience taking these drugs) seriously. Hopefully your experience can be a wake up call for some of them.

Thanks for all the good work you're doing, Hope ... as FG says, this coming from someone with a medical degree carries so much more weight.  Sorry to hear you're still in the thick of it, hoping things start easing up for you soon.

:smitten:

Thanks for sharing this article, Hope. It definitely carries a certain amount of weight and respect that those of us without an M.D. designation do not have. Great to see this one!

Thanks for speaking out, Hope. If there is anyone who has the power to affect any kind of change it is someone who has a license to practice medicine. I probably know more about psych drugs than any doctor I have ever met, but they won't take any of us who don't have a degree (but who actually have experience taking these drugs) seriously. Hopefully your experience can be a wake up call for some of them.

I agree with FG. Hope, you have a lot of pull, so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your article and for the continuing work that you do. We need strong voices who can be believed, and there is no one better than a doctor's voice to other doctors!

• 3 weeks later...

When I first commented on this thread, I didn't get the connection - but I do now and cannot thank you enough for taking this forward.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

When I first commented on this thread, I didn't get the connection - but I do now and cannot thank you enough for taking this forward.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

No worries!  :smitten:

Hope you do such a good job as a spokes person and advocate for all of us.

I am interested in your findings with other physicians that you come into contact with and discuss this problem with, do they take you seriously or do you think they do what happens to many "civilians" they either don't believe or they pay lip service and move on?

2trusting

Hope you do such a good job as a spokes person and advocate for all of us.

I am interested in your findings with other physicians that you come into contact with and discuss this problem with, do they take you seriously or do you think they do what happens to many "civilians" they either don't believe or they pay lip service and move on?

2trusting

The response is variable. Because of my cancer diagnosis I end up seeing a lot of docs (as a patient). my initial primary doc blew me off but my psychiatrist believes me thankfully. The other docs I don’t think fully get it but it’s not something I always discuss with them if it’s outside the scope of their practice. I had a long talk with my oncologist last week because I’ve been having belly pain. She gets that Valium can cause lots of issues but of course we have to get a CT scan to be safe because of my history. I have at least managed to assemble a team of medical professionals who are caring, good at their jobs, and listen to me. I am fortunate that my insurance gives me

that choice. And as far as this article I posted, most of the docs were pretty receptive. I had a few nurses make uneducated comments if you can believe it. Like one of them just did not buy my story at all, called me an abuser etc. But thankfully most comments were nice.

Don't I know about the CT scan, I just had one on my clavicle for pain and a lump as they said it could be a reoccurrence of my lymphoma, ended up being arthritis but it picked up something in my stomach and I had to have an ultrasound upper GI done to be safe incase this was also a relapse of my stomach lymphoma. I was prescribed benzos whilst waiting for the results of the treatments for this lymphoma. Everything was fine as I am sure it will be for you.

I am on COBRA insurance that runs out next year and am dreading having to find insurance on my own.

How condecending for a nurse to think you as a cardiologyst were seeking drugs even though you were prescribed foe a problem other than mental, also how could they think you are an abuser if you are activly tapering and desperate to get free.

It seems that your proffession helps a little when trying to put forwards out benzo plight but not as much as I had assumed.

thanks again

2trusting

Don't I know about the CT scan, I just had one on my clavicle for pain and a lump as they said it could be a reoccurrence of my lymphoma, ended up being arthritis but it picked up something in my stomach and I had to have an ultrasound upper GI done to be safe incase this was also a relapse of my stomach lymphoma. I was prescribed benzos whilst waiting for the results of the treatments for this lymphoma. Everything was fine as I am sure it will be for you.

I am on COBRA insurance that runs out next year and am dreading having to find insurance on my own.

How condecending for a nurse to think you as a cardiologyst were seeking drugs even though you were prescribed foe a problem other than mental, also how could they think you are an abuser if you are activly tapering and desperate to get free.

It seems that your proffession helps a little when trying to put forwards out benzo plight but not as much as I had assumed.

thanks again

2trusting

Yes the scans are scary. I’m hoping they don’t find anything to crazy. I have two big bottles of contrast to drink and already scared about holding them down. They say creamy vanilla smoothie. It’s barium, they can’t fool me😂 I think that nurse was just one of those chronically unhappy internet trolls who likes to spread negativity for no reason. And some nurses like to assert their superiority over docs, there’s a bit of a nurse and doctor war going on. It’s really odd, I always got along with my nurses so I have no idea why they are fighting.

• 2 weeks later...