I Got My Life Back – Thank God!

[Th...]

Hi Shayna, it’s a tough journey but you can do this. You are strong and can make it. The people on here are rooting for you and you are not alone. Sending you strength.

[74...]

Another zero night for me. I’ve suddenly got burning skin now. Would love some support today the way x Thanku for being here

Are you able to tolerate doxylamine? It can work as a sleep aid if not used too frequently.

You're sleep is going to come back, Shayna, but it might take awhile. That's how it worked for me after quitting Klonopin cold turkey. Now my sleepless nights, when I do have them, for the most part, seem more situational and less chemical now. It took me about 24 months to start noticing improvements. And even with those improvements in sleep, I still had other symptoms. But I think the improved sleep has helped mellow those other symptoms out too over time as I'm now 33 months off.

I had/have the burning skin too. It's in my face and my legs. It's not so bothersome now that other mental symptoms and my sleep is improving.

Hi Shayna, it’s a tough journey but you can do this. You are strong and can make it. The people on here are rooting for you and you are not alone. Sending you strength.

Thanku x so much

Another zero night for me. I’ve suddenly got burning skin now. Would love some support today the way x Thanku for being here

Are you able to tolerate doxylamine? It can work as a sleep aid if not used too frequently.

I’ve taken them I few times but they make me feel so groggy and lethargic and I only get a couple of hrs sleep from them anyway.  Xx

You're sleep is going to come back, Shayna, but it might take awhile. That's how it worked for me after quitting Klonopin cold turkey. Now my sleepless nights, when I do have them, for the most part, seem more situational and less chemical now. It took me about 24 months to start noticing improvements. And even with those improvements in sleep, I still had other symptoms. But I think the improved sleep has helped mellow those other symptoms out too over time as I'm now 33 months off.

I had/have the burning skin too. It's in my face and my legs. It's not so bothersome now that other mental symptoms and my sleep is improving.

Before this wave I was doing so well. Now it’s like I’m back in full blown acute. I was able to handle the zero nights only 2 weeks ago. Now I’m having adrenaline surges and anxiety is back full force. The anxiety was totally gone before this wave. How long did u go without sleep boom box? I know it’s not a competition but honestly if it wasn’t for people like the way and so many other buddies telling me their stories I’d think there was something really wrong with me. Thanku so much x

Shayna, I get the burning skin too, it was particularly noticeable right around the start of my cycle, I suspect hormones are a big contributor.

Thanks for sharing your success story TheWay2! This journey off benzos is unbelievable. I'm having neck and hip pain which is not like normal pain. I've been a weight lifter and runner for many years but right now all I can do is walk, and I'm grateful for that. I do believe in time I'll be able to exercise again. Thank you for checking back in and helping those who need to hear your story. People don't understand benzo withdrawal, so there's not a lot of people who will/can empathize with us while we're going through it. We get dismissed as crazy. I'm not a nut, but benzo withdrawal sure makes me feel like one! I'm glad you've healed and look forward to healing myself.

@[ A...]

You're welcome.  I wrote it to give others hope. 

Yes, coming off of Benzos makes you feel like your going crazy and those around you can't relate and have an extremely hard time understanding what you are experiencing.

I'm 57 and still lift weights 3 times a week.  Not bragging, but I am doing a bench routine to try to get to a 405 lb bench by the end of the year 2021.  My current flat bench routine is 320x3x3, 290x6x1, 260x8x1 and 240x10x1 followed by 225x3x3 for incline press.  Of course, I do a bunch of warm up before going to 320.  I'll stop trying to brag now and say that I wrote all that not for a pat on the back or a way to go, but to show that even after Benzo WD, and with some hard work and determination, you can get your life back and it can be better than it's ever been.  I haven't been this strong since I was in college.  :thumbsup:

I walked every day during WD.  Intense exercise, like lifting weights, only ramped up my symptoms so I completely cut out all exercise except for walking for about 2 years.

I see you are about 4 months off.  That's a great start. 

You'll heal.  This is all temporary.  It won't last forever. 

It will end one fine day and you'll get your life back too.

ThEwAy2,

The Lord bless you!!  Read all your posts, really helped me.  Severe inner trembling in gut, even pain from it, like a twisting, non-stop all night long suddenly.  Your posts really helped me during this difficult time!!  Thank you so much. Thank God you are here to help us.  Like you said, those doctors...........UGH! 

:hug:

Kimmie

Kimmie,

Thanks and I am happy to help where I can.

Sorry you are still struggling...sometimes symptoms appear out of the blue.  I had inner vibrations for a short time but never trembling in the gut, although I had a lot of gut issues that I healed by taking a daily probiotic.  I take 10,000 IU of Vit D and a probiotic daily.

Not sure if that will work for everyone?

Praying for healing and recovery

Peace!

So nice to see someone else has made it to the other side, thank you so much for coming back to help the rest of us struggling.  I am sure you are a much better husband, father, brother etc.. for going through this.  Congratulations!

ThEwAy2,

Thank you for replying.  I take 10,000 units of Vitamin D with K2 as well as Probiotcs and prebiotics as well.  I eat only whole foods, Keto Diet for over 2 years as well as IF daily.

The inner trembling comes and goes but when it comes, it's awful.  I take NAC and it really helps alleviate it most of the time.

• 1 month later...

@[ s...]

Thanks....yes, everything in life is better....I just bought a Can-Am Ryker 3 wheel motorcycle with 2 wheels in the front.  I can't wait for the weather to warm up enough to ride it.  Hopefully next month.  There were many times during WD I had suicidal ideation.  Looking back, I shudder to think that things were so bad that was the only way out!

• 2 months later...
So glad to hear you are completely healed! I just celebrated 9 months on May 14, 2021. I just went through an ordeal of intrusive thoughts of self-harm; it wasn't suicidal ideation. It's really encouraging to hear you are completely healed. I hope it doesn't take 24 months for me to heal completely, but I'm ready if it does. Thank you for sharing your story

[38...]

@ AndyinFlorida,

You're welcome.  I wrote it to give others hope. 

Yes, coming off of Benzos makes you feel like your going crazy and those around you can't relate and have an extremely hard time understanding what you are experiencing.

I'm 57 and still lift weights 3 times a week.  Not bragging, but I am doing a bench routine to try to get to a 405 lb bench by the end of the year 2021.  My current flat bench routine is 320x3x3, 290x6x1, 260x8x1 and 240x10x1 followed by 225x3x3 for incline press.  Of course, I do a bunch of warm up before going to 320.  I'll stop trying to brag now and say that I wrote all that not for a pat on the back or a way to go, but to show that even after Benzo WD, and with some hard work and determination, you can get your life back and it can be better than it's ever been.  I haven't been this strong since I was in college.  :thumbsup:

I walked every day during WD.  Intense exercise, like lifting weights, only ramped up my symptoms so I completely cut out all exercise except for walking for about 2 years.

I see you are about 4 months off.  That's a great start. 

You'll heal.  This is all temporary.  It won't last forever. 

It will end one fine day and you'll get your life back too.

I used to bench these high amounts. Never got to 405lbs but I could do 315lbs for a few reps (usually 3 or 4). I tore my tricep tendon back in 2009 and that was the end of that. I stopped lifting huge amounts back then, and usually will not lift more than 60-70% my max now. At 42, I stopped caring about being the strongest guy in the gym, and instead would like to get to old age gracefully?

The benzo/z-drug BS sure put a hamper on that for me, but at least I can see recovery.

• 4 weeks later...
ThEwAy2 Thank God for your healing and thank you for sharing. I really needed to hear that in this moment. I just took my last dose this morning and that last few weeks have been horrible at the end. I am excited to be free from this but also scared about how bad it can go. you gave me hope that This will not last forever and I will feel good again. I went through something like this before with a steroid and didn't understand what was happening or why until going through this now. I am so encouraged!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey God's Girl...

That's great news.  I won't sugar coat it, it's going to be tough for some time, but eventually gets better over time.  You can do this.

Don't give up, don't go back on Benzos...EVER....no matter how bad things get.

It's very up and down (nonlinear).  Windows are great.  Waves are the worst.

You'll get past this and get your life back too.  Promise!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting your recovery! Insomnia is my biggest symptom and you inspire me that I can heal from it.

I am currently in the 0 to 3 hours zone and hoping my brain will heal me out of it.

Thank you, again and I hope your well,

HM

HM,

There were many times I never thought I would sleep "normally" and I thought I'd be stuck for life with poor sleep.

It's all Benzo WD lies.  Our Benzo ravaged brains love for us to catastrophize and think the worst.  We almost always gravitate to the negative and worst case scenario.

Over time, sleep gradually and slowly improves.  However, it is not consistent like a wound healing.  With a wound healing you can see steady progress until it is completely healed.  With benzo-induced insomnia, the wound starts to heal, but then gets ripped back open from time-to-time until it finally heals completely and for good. 

Don't be surprised if you start to sleep well for a week or two or even longer only to get hit with insomnia once again.  Over time, it evens out.  Unfortunately it usually takes a lot more time than we'd like and the main thing benzo WD taught me is to NOT put timelines on when things should get better.  It plays out on its own timeline, but as I said, eventually gets better.

Good luck with your taper.  Sleep will return.