I Got My Life Back – Thank God!

[Th...]

Dear TheWay2,

I am so thankful for your recovery story! You are an awesome poster, and very succinct in detailing the good and the bad.

I am greatly encouraged by your journey, and pray for continued health and JOY for you and your family. I know how hard

it can be on a spouse and kids! Fortunately, mine are grown, and so I have been able to share the real ups and downs without

feeling I will scare them. Gosh, I've had a few ups and downs in the past six months in my own story. But our kids and their spouses

have been really great-loving and understanding.

Many thanks and Godspeed to you as you move on to greater endeavors!

Thanks Tigereye,

In faith,

Tigereye

Hi Tigereye,

I wanted to share my success story because one year ago, I never thought I would write one.  I never thought it was possible to break through the maddening cycle of withdrawal, but I made it and everyone else will too!

Thanks for praying for my family and me.  It means a lot!

Thanks for your kind words

I don't know where you are in the recovery journey, but I pray it will end soon!

If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Godspeed to your and your family too. 

ThEwAy2

Congratulations on your recovery! It's so encouraging to hear that someone who was struggling has recovered and is now seeing better days. I'm 6 months off and still struggling significantly. I honestly can't even picture what my life will be like once I crawl out of this hellish withdrawal. It's almost like I can't think of a time where I wasn't miserable because I've gotten so used to feeling this way. Thanks for coming back and writing your success story. It's encouraging for those of us who are still in a dark place.

Congratulations on your recovery! It's so encouraging to hear that someone who was struggling has recovered and is now seeing better days. I'm 6 months off and still struggling significantly. I honestly can't even picture what my life will be like once I crawl out of this hellish withdrawal. It's almost like I can't think of a time where I wasn't miserable because I've gotten so used to feeling this way. Thanks for coming back and writing your success story. It's encouraging for those of us who are still in a dark place.

Thanks Hellbutrin,

I am on this site now trying to help others.  I see that Wellbutrin is an antidepressant.  Some circles suggest the WD from ADs is just as bad as benzos or in some cases worse!  Not what you want to hear, but it will get better.  6 months out is pretty good.  You should be seeing some improvement soon.  Turning a corner can happen just like that.  Your symptoms will fade over time.  Be positive and hang in there.  Don't give up hope.  It might seem hopeless now, but it will slowly get better.  Each passing day brings you one day closer to recovering.  I know how difficult this can be, but know that it does eventually come to an end.

• 2 weeks later...
Everytime I am hopeless I read your post .No body believes that a short term user like me can go through same hell a long term user. Some bodies are too sensitive and take long time to heal. ThEwAy2 you are doing a great favour to everyone. People generally heal and wont bother to look back .Thanks for reconnecting after quitting the forum

I'm suffering terribly from anxiety and depression 4 months out, were you also suffering a lot or was it minimal? I'm thinking of getting on ad's soon, I don't know what else to do, the anxiety is so debilitating. I'm homebound. 
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm suffering terribly from anxiety and depression 4 months out, were you also suffering a lot or was it minimal? I'm thinking of getting on ad's soon, I don't know what else to do, the anxiety is so debilitating. I'm homebound.

I suffered a lot with terrible anxiety almost to the point of being in a constant panic attack.  What was worse was the claustrophobia I felt no matter where I was.  I could be in a WalMart and feel like I was trapped.  It was very hard to use a public restroom.  It will get better. I would stay far away from an AD.  It is claimed by some they are harder to get off of than Benzos and have worse withdrawal.  Drugs are not going to do anything to help you heal or recover.  Drugs are why almost all of us are on this site.  Adding more Rx drugs into the mix is only going to prolong your recovery.  You will get better.  It just takes a lot more time than we would like.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear ThEwAy2,

It is good to read your story. I thought I am unique with phobia. The agoraphobia today came back for few minutes after a long time. I thought is gone. I still struggling with some withdrawal symptoms, hopefully not to long. I am blessed because God took me through on the difficult times and I am happy because I can enjoy again the teachings on God's grace.

God bless you and your family.

Dear ThEwAy2,

It is good to read your story. I thought I am unique with phobia. The agoraphobia today came back for few minutes after a long time. I thought is gone. I still struggling with some withdrawal symptoms, hopefully not to long. I am blessed because God took me through on the difficult times and I am happy because I can enjoy again the teachings on God's grace.

Thanks Blessed7,

My symptoms have not come back although every once in a while I get a minute or two of something that is close to the "claustrophobic" feeling that was super intense over several months.  Your other symptoms will fade over time.  You will get your life back too.  God's speed for a complete and fast recovery! 

May God richly bless you and your family too!  :thumbsup:

Dear ThEwAy2,

Thanks Blessed7,

My symptoms have not come back although every once in a while a get a minute or two of something that is close to the "claustrophobic" feeling that was super intense over several months.  Your other symptoms will fade over time.  You will get your life back too.  God's speed for a complete and fast recovery! 

May God richly bless you and your family too!  :thumbsup:

Thank you. I just need to read your message.

God bless you.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to bump this up on the Success Story list. 

For those of you still struggling, please know that you will recover.  One year ago I thought I was a "unique" case and I had the "worst" WD that was incurable and I would be stuck with my mental Sxs until I died.  NOT TRUE.  Everyone will recover with enough time.  Prayer helps too.  ALL of my mental symptoms are GONE and have been gone for almost a year now.  My only issue left is that I don't have PERFECT sleep, but I get 5-8 hours most nights and that is plenty of sleep to live a completely normal life on.  YOU WILL RECOVER.  No matter how you feel right now, crossing the finish line will happen for you one day.  AND, along the way, you will get better and feel better even before you consider yourself healed.  Your QUALITY of life gets much better over time.  So you don't need to be at 100% to start enjoying life. I PROMISE you will recover.  Please feel free to PM me and I will help in whatever way that I can.

God's speed and God Bless everyone still in the thick of their WD.

Thank you for this post, and I'm so happy for you!  I can't wait to get my life back, because right now I'm not living, I'm just existing.

Thank you so much for sharing your story!  Giving me hope that things will get better.  I am in the first few days of withdrawal after a relatively fast taper to zero from Ativan.  Lots of symptoms incl tinnitus, which is probably my most bothersome as it makes it hard to get to sleep... hoping that things will get better day by day.

Anyway congrats and best wishes to you and thanks again for sharing :)

Thank you so much for sharing your story!  Giving me hope that things will get better.  I am in the first few days of withdrawal after a relatively fast taper to zero from Ativan.  Lots of symptoms incl tinnitus, which is probably my most bothersome as it makes it hard to get to sleep... hoping that things will get better day by day.

I got tinnitus too from having taken Ativan after just 6 weeks :( I have been off for almost a year now.. the tinnitus is still there but I had it before anyways.. i.e. the Ativan made my existing tinnitus condition so much worse.. anyways the tinnitus is much better now, maybe not back to the level that it was pre benzo's but perhaps almost.. hope this helps :)

Hi, I had tinnitus too.  It almost completely went away.  I notice it here and there every once in a while for 5-10 minutes tops.  It should get better for you too over time.  These Benzos can sure do a lot of damage in short amount of time :tickedoff:

Things will definitely get better for you.  The first 30-60 days of WD are called "acute" as your symptoms are usually at their worst. Every day that passes on the calendar brings you one day closer to being healed and getting your life back.  It will happen, I promise it will.

1966, thank you for sharing!  Great to know that at least the tinnitus has improved for you even if it hasn’t completely gone.  My mom shared with me today that she has tinnitus, ever since a bad ear infection as a kid.  She hardly notices it, has basically gotten used to it but it’s still there.  I’m trying not to worry about mine so much, although hoping that it will lessen over time. Thanks again!

ThEwAy2, thanks for replying, I wasn’t sure if you'd even be checking in, since you’re doing so well now :)  And good to know that your tinnitus is almost completely gone now.  I will hope for the same with me :). I already am less bothered by it today than past few days, forgetting about it more often now :). Last night it wasn’t the tinnitus that interfered with my sleep; I was woken up several times by a rapid heart rate and a knot in my stomach (although I still consider that I had a good sleep b/c I got so many hours of it).  All of this is bearable if it eventually goes away (and doesn’t get too much worse in the meantime).  Thanks again and take care :)

Littlered,

It will all definitely go away.  Glad to hear you are sleeping pretty well.  That was one of my WORST symptoms.  I could deal with the rest of the Sxs, and I had a lot.  Not sleeping sucks, but it won't kill you.  Your body will get what it needs before anything bad can happen.  Rapid heart rate and stomach GI issues are pretty common during WD.  You have a lot of Gabba receptors in your GI Tract that get messed up from the Benzos too.  It is a slow journey to recovery for most, but a journey well worth taking.  Keep telling yourself this is all TEMPORARY and will eventually go away, as that is TRUE!  You WILL get there.  Just be patient and accept your situation.

God's speed for a complete recovery! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

ThEwAy2-

This is not the first time I'm reading your story and I'm sure it won't be my last. 

First of all, I'm so happy for you to have made it through this hell.  I don't know if "Congratulations" is enough or appropriate...more like Praise The Lord.

Your story is one of the few that truly gives me hope.  I am almost 9 weeks in and although I've had a few ok days, it's mostly been horrific.  I'm clinging on to the fact that I DID have good days, so I hope and pray for them to begin outweighing the bad.

Also, thank you for coming back to respond to the posts on here.  I don't even know that I would do that.  Part of me wants to be here when heal to cheer on those who have no hope, like I feel right now, but I'm not sure I want a reminder.  Your story gives me strength to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

To everyone suffering, I pray for the speediest healing possible.

Thank you again ThEwAy2 and may God continue to bless you.

Angel

Angel,

Thanks for the kind words.  The good days will slowly outnumber the bad days.  It will be UP and DOWN, so if you get a stretch of bad days or even a few weeks, Do Not lose hope!  It WILL get better.  It is such a nonlinear process though.  I am glad my story has given you and a few others HOPE!  That is exactly why I wrote it. 

I came back to encourage and help others.  I promised another Buddie that helped me throughout my WD that after I recovered, I would come back.  Also, it is just the right thing to do for me!  :thumbsup:

You WILL heal, I promise you will.

God's speed Angel and everyone else still in the thick of it!

[88...]

Thanks for inspirational story.  These success stories help lots when the going gets rough in waves.

thanks    :smitten:

You have no idea how much what you went through mimics my situation. From considering the Coleman institute, to having someone with the gift of healing pray for me, to thinking I have fatal isomnia, to taking remeron, and having sleep be my biggest issue. You have given me so much hope. Thank you so much.

Angel,

Thanks for the kind words.  The good days will slowly outnumber the bad days.  It will be UP and DOWN, so if you get a stretch of bad days or even a few weeks, Do Not lose hope!  It WILL get better.  It is such a nonlinear process though.  I am glad my story has given you and a few others HOPE!  That is exactly why I wrote it. 

I came back to encourage and help others.  I promised another Buddie that helped me throughout my WD that after I recovered, I would come back.  Also, it is just the right thing to do for me!  :thumbsup:

You WILL heal, I promise you will.

God's speed Angel and everyone else still in the thick of it!

Thanks for your encouragement. (:

ThEwAy2-

This is not the first time I'm reading your story and I'm sure it won't be my last. 

First of all, I'm so happy for you to have made it through this hell.  I don't know if "Congratulations" is enough or appropriate...more like Praise The Lord.

Your story is one of the few that truly gives me hope.  I am almost 9 weeks in and although I've had a few ok days, it's mostly been horrific.  I'm clinging on to the fact that I DID have good days, so I hope and pray for them to begin outweighing the bad.

Thank you for the encouragement.

Also, thank you for coming back to respond to the posts on here.  I don't even know that I would do that.  Part of me wants to be here when heal to cheer on those who have no hope, like I feel right now, but I'm not sure I want a reminder.  Your story gives me strength to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

To everyone suffering, I pray for the speediest healing possible.

Thank you again ThEwAy2 and may God continue to bless you.

Angel

You have no idea how much what you went through mimics my situation. From considering the Coleman institute, to having someone with the gift of healing pray for me, to thinking I have fatal isomnia, to taking remeron, and having sleep be my biggest issue. You have given me so much hope. Thank you so much.

Stacey,

You will get past this.  Just keep praying and keep positive.  It is a TEMPORARY situation that eventually comes to an end! :thumbsup:

Stacey,

You will get past this.  Just keep praying and keep positive.  It is a TEMPORARY situation that eventually comes to an end! :thumbsup:

How did the Coleman institute make you worse?