Author Topic: I Got My Life Back Thank God!  (Read 34176 times)

[Buddie]

Re: I Got My Life Back Thank God!
« Reply #210 on: January 05, 2021, 05:22:30 am »
Thanks for sharing your success story [...]! This journey off benzos is unbelievable. I'm having neck and hip pain which is not like normal pain. I've been a weight lifter and runner for many years but right now all I can do is walk, and I'm grateful for that. I do believe in time I'll be able to exercise again. Thank you for checking back in and helping those who need to hear your story. People don't understand benzo withdrawal, so there's not a lot of people who will/can empathize with us while we're going through it. We get dismissed as crazy. I'm not a nut, but benzo withdrawal sure makes me feel like one! I'm glad you've healed and look forward to healing myself.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #211 on: January 05, 2021, 02:50:46 pm »
@ AndyinFlorida,

You're welcome.  I wrote it to give others [...]. 

Yes, coming off of Benzos makes you feel like your going crazy and those around you can't relate and have an extremely hard time understanding what you are experiencing.

I'm 57 and still lift weights 3 times a week.  Not bragging, but I am doing a bench routine to try to get to a 405 lb bench by the end of the year 2021.  My current flat bench routine is 320x3x3, 290x6x1, 260x8x1 and 240x10x1 followed by 225x3x3 for incline press.  Of course, I do a bunch of warm up before going to 320.  I'll stop trying to brag now and say that I wrote all that not for a pat on the back or a way to go, but to show that even after Benzo WD, and with some hard work and determination, you can get your life back and it can be better than it's ever been.  I haven't been this strong since I was in college.  :thumbsup:

I walked every day during WD.  Intense exercise, like lifting weights, only ramped up my symptoms so I completely cut out all exercise except for walking for about 2 years.

I see you are about 4 months off.  That's a great start. 

You'll heal.  This is all temporary.  It won't last forever. 

It will end one fine day and you'll get your life back too.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 03:02:47 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2021, 01:44:51 pm »
[...],

The Lord bless you!!  Read all your posts, really helped me.  Severe inner trembling in gut, even pain from it, like a twisting, non-stop all [...] long suddenly.  Your posts really helped me during this difficult time!!  Thank you so much. Thank God you are here to help us.  Like you said, those doctors...........UGH! 

:hug:

Kimmie

[Buddie]

« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2021, 04:21:11 pm »
Kimmie,

Thanks and I am happy to help where I can.

Sorry you are still struggling...sometimes symptoms appear out of the blue.  I had inner vibrations for a short time but never trembling in the gut, although I had a lot of gut issues that I healed by taking a daily probiotic.  I take 10,000 IU of Vit D and a probiotic daily.

Not sure if that will work for everyone?

Praying for healing and recovery

Peace!

[Buddie]

« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2021, 06:15:25 pm »
So nice to see someone else has made it to the other side, thank you so much for coming back to help the [...] of us struggling.  I am sure you are a much better husband, father, brother etc.. for going through this.   Congratulations!

[Buddie]

« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2021, 07:18:13 pm »
[...],

Thank you for replying.  I take 10,000 units of Vitamin D with K2 as well as Probiotcs and prebiotics as well.  I eat only whole foods, Keto Diet for over 2 years as well as IF daily.
The inner trembling comes and goes but when it comes, it's awful.  I take NAC and it really helps alleviate it most of the time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2021, 01:29:36 pm »
@ [...]

Thanks....yes, everything in life is better....I just bought a Can-Am Ryker 3 wheel motorcycle with 2 wheels in the front.  I can't wait for the weather to warm up enough to ride it.  Hopefully next month.   There were many times during WD I had suicidal ideation.  Looking back, I shudder to think that things were so bad that was the only way out!