In bed depression?

[4G...]

Hi. I am in bed with depression.  I have no motivation to do anything. I am a lot worse since they changed the brand of my quetiapine. I think it is also called seroquel. I am back on my usual brand now.

I am scared that I am so depressed. I don't even want to eat. Where will this end? Has anyone else been like this?

Thanks.

Sorry you're feeling this way. I used to feel like it was better to just stay in bed at times but knew that I wouldn't be able to get out of my dark place without getting up and about, even if it was to just walk out the door and get some sun. It was hard though, but I'd try to just do it and not think about it too much. I made a schedule for myself, to do at least something every day.

Hi Gilly

I am sorry you are feeling so low.  A change of brand could well have had an adverse effect so I am glad you are back to your usual one.  try to remember your last window and how you felt then and know you will feel like that again.

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

Thanks TravisP and Fiona. It seems that the change in brand of my Quetiapine messed me up big time. Another lesson learnt. I now have the brand written on my prescription. Thanks again, both of you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll just say what I have done. I use my apartment as a safe space. I emphasize that apartness, and use music.

I do 1/2 hour exercises in front of the tv, every day, in addition to other exercise. Your body needs this if you're in bed a lot like I was.

Get some passtimes: billiards app, reading, tv, DVD tv shows are great now.

Get some outside exercise routines for walking so you have some options about what you do outside. It will be less depressing to have a few options.

Get take out meals when you need to and make each dish go for two meals. 

Hang in there

Thanks drad dog. I have agoraphobia so I can't go outside but I will keep that in mind. I have a tv in the bedroom especially for when I can't get up. I also have a DVD player in here.

remember that being in depression means not being able to have hope - but it gets better. I survived so many depressions.

You will have better days again.

Right there with ya buddy... although staying in bed for me is no longer an option. I know what it's like to be there; I've had a super tough time myself this week, month, year. Hope you can pull out of it soon...

Thank you so much Marigold and Colley. You are very kind to reply to me.

Marigold, the thing you wrote about having no hope is true. I feel bereft of hope. I will try to remember that it is the depression and not me.

Thanks again.

Thank you so much Marigold and Colley. You are very kind to reply to me.

Marigold, the thing you wrote about having no hope is true. I feel bereft of hope. I will try to remember that it is the depression and not me.

Thanks again.

Thats one of the sentence I kept telling me day by day in the dark times. You cant trust your feelings, trust your head.

You will be fine.