Review these 4 new prescriptions for me?

[...]

Went to the ER today because I have red blisters on my ear drums and strep throat. I was given 4 medicines to take.

Anybody know what these are/ever taken them?

Methylprednisolone 4 mg.

Doxycycline 100 mg.

Amoxicillin 500 mg.

Cheratussin.

Let me know if any of these are dangerous. The names all sound horrible.  :sick:

Hey Cody,

I can only give you information on two of them, the other two I have never heard of at all, hopefully, someone more knowledgeable than me will come along and help with those.  I can tell you that Doxcycline and amoxicillin are anti-biotics.  I have never taken doxyccline, but I was prescribed amoxicillin after having some dental work done.  Sometimes it is prescribed before certain dental work is done.

TC

Went to the ER today because I have red blisters on my ear drums and strep throat. I was given 4 medicines to take.

Anybody know what these are/ever taken them?

Methylprednisolone 4 mg.

Doxycycline 100 mg.

Amoxicillin 500 mg.

Cheratussin.

Let me know if any of these are dangerous. The names all sound horrible.  :sick:

I've taken the amoxicillin and methylprednisolone, which is a steroid to reduce inflammation.  The cheratussin is a cough suppresant and as TC said, the doxycycline is an antibiotic.  Neither of the antibiotics are in the quinolone class of A/B's which are known to cause problems so I think you are okay to take them as prescribed.