Help with Diazepam Taper after Crossover

[Ch...]

Looking for some advice.  I was on 4mgs of Lorazepam and crossed over to 40mgs of Diazepam.

I tapered 12.5mgs of Diazepam in just under 3 months.  Which I have found out was way too fast for my body.  My cuts were 2.5mgs and my last cut really hit me hard.  I have been holding since August 26th and have seen some improvement some days but not much.  Main symptoms have been anxiety.

I have lost a lot of weight and was worrying myself too much about my weight so I went my GP and had some blood work done.  Everything checked out fine.

I know people have held for a long time before re-starting their taper.  I'm at a loss of what I should do.  The anxiety has been relentless at times.  I dose 3 times a day and cannot even tell that I've taken it.

Should I continue to hold until I feel more stable or continue to cut? 

• 2 weeks later...
I would continue to taper as you have been holding for quite some time but that's just me. I found my anxiety never really went down during my taper so I continued to cut..

I would continue to taper as you have been holding for quite some time but that's just me. I found my anxiety never really went down during my taper so I continued to cut..

It seems my stomach and anxiety trouble seems to be getting worse.  I feel if I cut right now it would be a disaster.

I see you went down fairly quick and I know everyone is different.  Did you hold for a while during any of your cuts?

JMO,

But I'd hold until I felt better.......your body is playing catch up to your quick taper. Your hold is minimal to some holds. I would hold to stabilize better, then proceed with a DLMT

JMO,

But I'd hold until I felt better.......your body is playing catch up to your quick taper. Your hold is minimal to some holds. I would hold to stabilize better, then proceed with a DLMT

Thanks for your response.  When you say stabilize.  Are saying feeling normal or just manageable?  I'm not having any windows as of now.  I do feel a little better in the late evenings about an hour before I go to bed.  I used to be ok for 4 or 5 hours in the evening earlier in my taper and now it's down to 1 hour.

My body and mind are telling me to not cut any more for now.  I would like to get to a point I could exercise more and put on some weight.  Were you able to do that after one of your long holds?

I am in the middle of a Diazepam taper that I went too fast on.  Trying to stabilize. 

Is it ok to take just a little extra to get through rough times?  Not daily just every once in a while.  Will it help or not?