Clonazolam to etizolam? Good idea?

[Ka...]

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, I don't have Valium to do the substitution taper, is it a good idea to try to switch from clonazolam to etizolam? Does anyone have experience with this?

I'm not on a high dosage but I was taking it throughout my day so I don't honestly know how to do this taper because I don't know how much I was taking.

I know I'm rambling. Forgive me. I wish I could just cold turkey it but I know it's dangerous.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

He/she doesn´t take clonazepam, but clonazolam.

I don´t know the properties of etizolam. Or even clonazolam. It´s more convenient to go by a ´known´ benzo. RCs ?

Sorry, I can´t be bothered to gather all that information myself. (subunits, affinity, diration of action, half life etc.'' With caution: bluelight ?

[3e...]

He/she doesn´t take clonazepam, but clonazolam.

I don´t know the properties of etizolam. Or even clonazolam. It´s more convenient to go by a ´known´ benzo. RCs ?

Sorry, I can´t be bothered to gather all that information myself. (subunits, affinity, diration of action, half life etc.'' With caution: bluelight ?

You're right!  My bad.  I don't know much of anything about clonazolam. 

clonazolam is comparable to klonopin.

i wasn't sure if it would be easier to get off the etizolam which is similar to xanax.

i'll keep researching.

thanks

[3e...]
Usually, people cross over to longer-acting benzos.  Xanax is a pretty short-acting one.  Klonopin is a decent choice.  Valium is too.  None of them is 'easier' to taper from, but the longer-lasting ones have less up/down during the day than the shorter-acting ones, so your experience is a bit steadier.

• 5 weeks later...