Don’t know how to taper up

[De...]

Please help. I cut my Clonazepam from 1mg a night to .5. I never knew what a terrible drug I was prescribed. Ben on it for 20 months. How do I taper up from here to have an easier withdrawal?That Ashton Manual is too long and difficult to grasp. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

Sorry I can’t help that much but I was on Kolonipin for about 3 years but 2 mils twice a day, I could reduce but not half in a week like you. You have to look at Ashton and think you have been on this for almost a year, even though you think Ashton is long and to much but what’s another say a year to get off the drug? That’s the way I look at it, follow the Ashton and soon you will be off with a little withdrawals but not as crazy as you would be on your own. Good luck, this drug takes a toll and we all won’t to be off of it in a snap but it’s not possible unless some people that cold turkey it which I praise them

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate. Is it harmful to the body to have halved the dose? I wish you health and recovery.

I wouldn’t say it’s not healthy or healthy, listen to your body and mind. If your struggling so bad on half the dose I would go back to my current dose and slowly titrate from there so you don’t struggle as much and end up giving up and and stuck at that dose for a long time. I love my Dr and the Ashton it gives me the freedom to titrate safety and if I absolutely feel like heel I can go back to my current dose and stabilize and try again. There is no easy way out of this nightmare but gives you a little freedom to titrate at your own speed, I have been on Xanax, Kolonipin, Adivan switching all over the place for 13 years so like I said if it takes me 2 years to get off it’s a god sin since I have been on it so long. On this site I have found that I’m not alone on whatever I decide

Thanks so much. You are so right. One must listen to ones body. Have had a better day today but the thought of another sleepless night is daunting. Good luck to you. I wish you only the best.