Xanax vs Clonazepam(Klonopin)

[pa...]

Hi, i was wondering if i should switch from xanax to klonopin? Ive been taking xanax for a week now n im not that impressed but its better than bromazepam thats for sure. I dont know if klonopin is any different than xanax other than it has longer effect. Ive never tried klonopin.

[20...]
Are you searching for a benzo to begin your taper with?  I'm not sure from your post why you're experimenting with so many different drugs??

Are you searching for a benzo to begin your taper with?  I'm not sure from your post why you're experimenting with so many different drugs??

I'm not quitting so i dont wanna taper and im experimenting with benzos because of a simple 2 reasons:

1. Bromazepam was my 1st prescribed benzo but i switched from bromazepam to xanax because it was giving me vivid nightmares every night and xanax is giving me less nightmares, in fact havent had a single nightmare since i started taking xanax. Now the problem is xanax effect is too short and i gotta take more thru the day and i dont like that.

2. I wanna find out which benzo is best for me.

This sub forum probably isnt for this topic but i posted in it because im depressed also.

edit: inappropriate content removed

[20...]

Pandapandax6 - This is a benzo withdrawal site.  I don't think you're going to find much support for experimenting with different benzos to find what makes you feel the best.  That's a job for you and your pdoc. 

Also - please note that the forum rules prohibit mention of self-harm and harm to others, so I removed a portion of your post.  Please contact the help desk if you need further clarification.

You will not find what you need on this site as we have nothing positive to offer about drugs we are all trying to come off of. If we felt they were a good option we wouldn't be here in the first place.

If you are convinced they are a good option for you a Psychiatrist will have great knowledge of the 2 as they are both very commonly prescribed.

I would just say from experience - Clonazepam is a freaking nightmare in pill form. I'd rather take poison than that wretched stuff again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

id stick a 10 foot pole up my bum before taking xanax or klonopin again...

to each their own i suppose ::)

That's what i tried and the pole didn't fit, i experienced a never-ending nervous breakdown after being clean for 2 years so i had to reinstate.

Never say never.

• 2 weeks later...
I've tried Klonopin twice (very low dose each time).  It gave me awful depression the day after.  :o I don't understand why, but obviously it's not for me.