Water, milk, baby food or ice cream (!) for titrating

[...]

I can't drink milk or eat wheat but I want to use the titration method. would coconut milk be a substitute? I need help with the titration schedule. I'm starting with the 2mg tablet crushed. I'm not getting help with titrating other than this site. I'd like to continue with my 8am, 1pm and nighttime dosages. Any ideas? Help

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Ho...]

• [he...]

• [AN...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you can use coconut milk or almond milk.

Titration really doesn't require a schedule.

If you start with a 100 ml cylinder, then draw out one ml, each day, in 10 days you will have cut 10%. Our members generally keep cutting at this rate as long as its comfortable. You may need to slow it down later.

Be sure to keep track of your cuts.

• 4 weeks later...
I am water titrating Ativan at the moment and my pills dissolve just fine in water, I have read others have used water for their taper as well, so now I am confused???? My pills are sub-lingual if that makes a difference????

Hi Colin.  I am about to start a titration.  i have been tapring xanax and am currently at .375 mg 1x at night.  I need a liitle guidance on the titration.  My plan was to:

1) fill cup with 100 ml of whole milk

2) place .375 mg of crushed xanax in 100 ml cup of milk

3) mix together the way u stated (up and down motion)

4) withdraw 1ml of mixture and drink the remaining

5) every couple of days increase the amount I withdraw (ie: after 2 days I w will withdraw 2 ml and so on)

Maiyaz,

You should post this on the main titration board to get a response from our members. Colin is rarely on the forum anymore. This thread is informational.

Hope

• 2 weeks later...

Being lactose intolerant, is it okay to use soy milk for titration?

or is water just fine for a xanax titration?

Does anyone have any experience with a soy milk suspension? I assume that it would be okay since it seems that almond milk is okay to use, but i just wanted to be sure.

[23...]