I stink!

[va...]

Yes! I'm having the same problem. I don't use deodorant because I'm home bound due to WD and think that my body is detoxing all the nasty stuff. I think I posted this as well.

Crazy!  I've recently noticed that I smell like an elderly person, you know the scent of our elders that seems to linger no matter how meticulous the hygiene?  I actually just googled that this afternoon.  It's something called nonenal, a chemical that the skin produced when oxidizing Omega-7 oils or something.  I don't think we're burning off toxins from benzos, but do believe our metabolism is temporarily buggered.  Whole foods and a lot of water might help. 

It will go away.  I know I've saved a lot of money because I've become a recluse - I'm going to buy new clothes when this is over. 

I notice you say your workout clothes are ruined. I take it you work out. How often? What do you do? Run? Lift weights?

Are you on a low-carb diet?

Thanks RedSky! We should start a group for stinky people going through withdraw.

Hey Redevan,

I go to the gym regularly even though I feel horrific and get very depressed at my rapid decline physically and my inability to do what I use to. I will do cardio(elliptical and weights) I also do hot yoga about 4 times a week. So I am sweating a lot! The hot yoga is one thing that actually seems to help with symptoms. I eat fairly healthy. Daily Kale smoothies. Kale, berries, coconut oil, whey protein and spinach. Very few carbs.

I don't workout at all and I also noticed a cat pissy smell from my armpits. before WD i really didn't sweat much at all and had almost no body odour as my husband often commented on. guess it's toxic waste; what else???  life in a world gone wrong..........lilla

[b5...]
This one is hilarious...you are a great artist...at least you don't smell like bread....I've begun to smell like bread of all things...oozing candida from every pore

• 5 months later...
[cb...]

It's disturbing, but gives me comfort to know I'm not alone.

It inspired me to do a new drawing today. Enjoy!!

http://anxiousinklings.com ;D

amazing drawings thanks for them

they brighten the day, and are a great distraction

thanks  :smitten:

Another one to the club! :)

I showered yesterday, but still I don`t feel fresh. Sometimes, there is a wave of benzo-flu, and then I sweat a lot. It was even worse during the acute phase, then I smelled "poisoned".

• 2 weeks later...
I am needing to change my pajamas daily now.  I used to just use the same ones day after day, but wow,  I am sweating way too much at night now. 

I went through that when tapering last year.

Now I get really hot but don’t sweat at all.

Being able to sweat seems to be another part of my nervous system that has stopped working.