Crazy Average Doctor Solution

[Et...]

I'm on my 4th week of my taper and keep wishing for a miracle cure. I realize my receptors are shot from even my "low" dose of librium; would a substitution to klonopin repair them as the klonopin hits other receptors and then I'm free?

My doc told me 2 weeks of 1mg Klonopin - 2 weeks of .5mg - 2 weeks of .5mg every other day. I realize this is a lot more than where I'm at now; it sounds like a pipe dream that it could work but I'm getting desperate. Has anyone ever gotten better with these standard doc solutions that any of you know of?

[27...]

Your doctor is proposing way too rapid a taper.

I'm not clear from your signature - are you on only Librium now? If so I'd just taper slowly off the Librium.

To give you an idea of "slow", I took a year and a half to taper. Ashton recommends no more than 5-10% cut every 2 weeks.

Best wishes,

CP

I would also advise against it. Klonopin may work off different receptors, but it's a very difficult drug and causes long-term problems for some of us.

Is this a Dr lead taper?  Can you slow it down if you want?  Cause if I were you I would listen to my body, and not cut again until I felt stable.

Thanks for the replies, was a pipe dream like I figured.

I'm new at this and know people that abuse crazy amounts of benzos, acids and sleeping pills. They still function Ok and do hardcore sports.

Yep, I'm having a hard time with only a bit of librium. I figure it's a mix from withdrawing of my weekly klonopin, alcohol and coffee and sugar.

I'm still in denial. Thanks again for the support!  :thumbsup:

Ethan, you can't really compare yourself to others in these matters, as every person's nervous system response is very individual. Some can take them, some can't. I have read on these boards of people taking benzos for years, even decades, yet I have been on them for two months only when I was hit by severe w/d. You have to listen to your body.

I know it's insanely difficult to quit benzos, but if you are willing, possible. Big hugs and all my strength to you,

xoxo

Oh, and maybe, look for another doc? :)

Ethan, you can't really compare yourself to others in these matters, as every person's nervous system response is very individual. Some can take them, some can't. I have read on these boards of people taking benzos for years, even decades, yet I have been on them for two months only when I was hit by severe w/d. You have to listen to your body.

I know it's insanely difficult to quit benzos, but if you are willing, possible. Big hugs and all my strength to you,

xoxo

Oh, and maybe, look for another doc? :)

Thank you!

I saw your signature and figure I'm a pansy for complaining. Great job on your progress!!  :thumbsup:

Awww, that's so kind, THANK YOU!  :-*  :-* :-*

But please, don't feel bad! We never know how strong we are until there is no option left.  :-\

Keep posting on the boards, people here are wonderful and will help you get through this. I am rooting for you, you can do this!

GO ETHAN!  :):thumbsup: