Cannabis - CBN dose?

[lo...]

Hello Buddies,

I'm going to the dispensary today, I looked at the menu online and they have CBN capsules. I remember reading somewhere on the forum that CBN was preferred by some for sleep. The smallest dose I can purchase is 22.1mg of CBN. Does that seem like a high dose?

Thanks in advance.

Love :smitten:

I don't know because I make my own CBN tincture, but I'd look more at the THC % and make sure it wasn't too high.  Lucky you to find a dispensary with CBN capsules!  CBN is indeed the cannabinoid thought best for sleep/sedation.

Let us know how it works.

Hi Challis,

It's so great that you make your own CBN! I didn't make it to the dispensary today, but I will update here if I am able to get those caps. Sleep and sedation sounds amazing!

Thanks again.

I hope you are having a good day!

Love

[51...]

I've also made CBN, but have never optimized its use.  Might want to simply pay heed to the recommendations of the shoppe.

fwiw - I've become very interested in the terpene profile of cannabis-related products.  Myrcene in particular seems to confer a very relaxing experience.  Myrcene is often cited as 'the' terpene in indicas that is responsible for the couch-lock 'syndrome'.  Myrcene content in traditional indica type cannabis is often in excess of 0.50% and sometimes exceeds 1.0%.  I've seen it approach nearly 2%.  Some of the higher-end concentrate manufacturers are now recovering and blending terpenes back into their concentrates.  You can smell a nice deep cannabis smell in concentrates that have been prepared this way. 

Here's the terpene profile from a strain that I found to be very very relaxing:

http://enchantedskies.net/TerpeneLabel.jpg

Hi Lovewins,

I have 10mg CBN capsules. I've used them twice and didn't notice much.  With an ingested product, I think the wisdom is to expect them to take about 2 hours to be active, and then another 8 hours to remain active.  I'm sensitive and I truly didn't notice anything helpful with the 10mg.  If you don't have to worry about getting up and out, seems like it would be safe to try.  Someone else may want to chime in about taking it on an empty stomach vs. with food and the timing. 

Be well!

I've also made CBN, but have never optimized its use.  Might want to simply pay heed to the recommendations of the shoppe.

fwiw - I've become very interested in the terpene profile of cannabis-related products.  Myrcene in particular seems to confer a very relaxing experience.  Myrcene is often cited as 'the' terpene in indicas that is responsible for the couch-lock 'syndrome'.  Myrcene content in traditional indica type cannabis is often in excess of 0.50% and sometimes exceeds 1.0%.  I've seen it approach nearly 2%.  Some of the higher-end concentrate manufacturers are now recovering and blending terpenes back into their concentrates.  You can smell a nice deep cannabis smell in concentrates that have been prepared this way. 

Here's the terpene profile from a strain that I found to be very very relaxing:

http://enchantedskies.net/TerpeneLabel.jpg

Hi Bads,

Thank you for your reply. Great information, thank you for sharing. I think I read a post from you explaining how to make CBN. Desperation encouraged me to start researching cannabis about 6 weeks after my CT when I was about to read a little and retained virtually nothing for months. Thanks to your posts and others I've mostly stuck with indica or 1:1 ratio vape/flower/tincture/capsules/edibles. I didn't have any prior experience with cannibis, I wish I had. I'm slowly learning. At 4-1/2 months of it send to have me get a little sleep. I'm not really sure about how much it helps, but I want to keep trying. Finally made it to The dispensary yesterday, no CBN, but I got my first indica vape pen, Grape App, I just want to stay in all day and micro dose (because I'm so afraid of having too much and that one bad experience could share me off. Next time I go to a dispensary I will ask for terpene profile. Three folks at the dispensaries are so nice and knowledgeable, but when I tell them I'm healing from long term Xanax dependence and an ill advised cold turkey they tend to recommended things that help those who have stopped other drugs and the same plans of action for us doesn't really seem like the best idea. Back in June I got a hybrid tincture, they said it was recommended for "withdrawal", I don't think it's for me, but since I have had it hanging around I got CBD tincture yesterday, I thought maybe if I took them together I would be able to use them both. Hard to know.

Thank you again! Happy Saturday!

LoveWins

Hi Lovewins,

I have 10mg CBN capsules. I've used them twice and didn't notice much.  With an ingested product, I think the wisdom is to expect them to take about 2 hours to be active, and then another 8 hours to remain active.  I'm sensitive and I truly didn't notice anything helpful with the 10mg.  If you don't have to worry about getting up and out, seems like it would be safe to try.  Someone else may want to chime in about taking it on an empty stomach vs. with food and the timing. 

Be well!

Hi Sundays,

I believe it was a (now) large thread you started that I picked up a lot from other buddies, what worked for them. It was really because of you that I didn't feel alone when I was a new medical marijuana patient the week of May. I would poke around there until my head and everything else was too much to bare, it gave me hope for future possible relief. I'm sorry the CBN didn't help you. Have you found some relief using mm? Things that always work for you? Do you dose drug test day at all? I'm almost 9 months off, always grateful for how far I've come, but at the end of the day I really want to be well, I know we all do!!! I want it for every single one of us.

I hope you are having a good day.

LoveWins

Has anyone ever tried the marys medicinal CBN patches?

Hi Magnolia,

Not me, I've never seen them. You thinking about trying them?

Can someone explain what CBN is

Have people smoked Canabis to help with their withdrawal

Can it be used as,a substitute for benzos or help during the taper?

I'm sorry if I spoke too soon. Are we allowed to discuss medical Marajuana if it's legal?

I just read your not allowed to discuss ilicit drugs on the forum and don't wish to go against the rules of the forum

I didn't know what CBN are but I'll Google it.

Once again sorry if I said anything against the forum guidlines

[51...]

CBN (cannabinol) is a cannabinoid commonly found in various cannabis-derived products.  It's a naturally-occurring breakdown product of THC, but it can also be manufactured by heating THC.

It appears to have sedative properties, so some buddies have considered using it to help them sleep.

It is not a substitute for benzos, but various cannabinoid formulations (CBD oil, for example) seem to help some people deal with some of their withdrawal issues.  There's a fairly active thread where people discuss their experiences with it in helping with their recovery

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=165140.0

Since cannabis has become a legal drug in many locations, it is fine to talk about its use for benzo-related issues.  If you life in a location where its use is not legal, you should not consider using it.