Liquid Tapering Off Clonazepam

[Bo...]

I still have no clue what a starting point would be for a slow taper for me and you have been very patient and I thank you. Is there anyone else out there that their starting dose was .50 and they dissolved it in 100ml of milk? What was your first cut? Did you draw out 1ml, or 50ml or whatever and proceeded from there????????  Can anyone give me an example of their taper? I promiss this will be my last post because I'm doing nothing but wasting your time and raising my anxiety level.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bo...]

• [bu...]

• [...]

• [Je...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have no clue what a starting point would be for a slow taper for me and you have been very patient and I thank you. Is there anyone else out there that their starting dose was .50 and they dissolved it in 100ml of milk? What was your first cut? Did you draw out 1ml, or 50ml or whatever and proceeded from there????????  Can anyone give me an example of their taper? I promiss this will be my last post because I'm doing nothing but wasting your time and raising my anxiety level.

1)  One more time, .5mg in 50ml !  That gives a very simple solution where each ml contains .01 (1/100th) of a mg.  And as I will show you, that makes the whole procedure very simple.

2)  Ok your at .5mg/day and want to do a slow taper.  How about 10% per 30 days?  That's a pretty slow taper.

.5mg X 10% = .05mg

.05mg/30 days = .00167mg cut per day.  Round up .002mg/day.

So, since .01mg=1ml...,  then .02mg=2ml.

day 1 remove and discard 2ml, drink the rest. dose is .498

day 2 remove and discard 4ml, drink the rest. dose it .496

day 3, remove and discard 6ml, drink the rest. dose is .494

day 4, remove and discard 8ml, drink the rest.  dose is .492

etc...

See how easy that is?  You don't even need a calculator.  Just increase your draw and discard by 2ml each day, and your cutting .002mg per day That actually works out to 12%/month, still a pretty slow taper.

I didn't mean to say 50 ml in my post. I meant to say is was anyone's initial taper .50ml?

Yes, I understand that that's someone else's procedure.  But if you study the procedure and schedule I just gave you, I think you will why .01mg per ml  (.5MG IN 50 ML)  makes things so simple.

I used the water titration method and it worked really well.  I have information on this at the link in my signature.

Well, if water worked, I'm glad for you, but...you just got lucky.  It is basic fact of physical chemistry that K is NOT water-soluble.

Is it against this websites rules to suggest what a slow taper for me would be? You can't set up a schedule for me? You are all being very patient with me but I'm a little slow grasping this.

A slow taper, in my opinion, would be .002 mg, .003 mg, and some can do .005 mg. Those are all pretty common cuts.  I'm doing a slower taper, though. I also use a 1 ml and 10 ml syringe.

Ok builder, I just did a test using 50ml of water (pretending it's 50ml of milk with my .50 clonazepam dissolved in it) and I drew out 2mls, then 4mls, etc. and I ran out of solution really fast. Tell me what I did wrong please.

Ok builder, I just did a test using 50ml of water (pretending it's 50ml of milk with my .50 clonazepam dissolved in it) and I drew out 2mls, then 4mls, etc. and I ran out of solution really fast. Tell me what I did wrong please.

If your current dose is .5mg (which is what I understood) then...

each day, you dissolve .5mg min 50 ml of milk

Day 1  you remove 2mls and drink the remaining 48

Day 2 your remove 4mls and drink the remaining 46

Day 3 you remove 6mls and drink the remaining 44

With non perishable solutions (propylene glycol or alcohol) you can prepare enough for 10-14 days and just draw your dose each day.  Because of perishability, and other limitations, that really doesn't work with milk.  So you need to prepare a single days dose each day, and reduce it by the ccut amount.

I would NOT recommend anyone to use this schedule to start off cutting 2mls of .50 clonazepam dissolved in 50 MLs of milk! WAy to big of a cut. It might work for a different med but NOT clonazepam. You have to start much, much, much lower!

I would NOT recommend anyone to use this schedule to start off cutting 2mls of .50 clonazepam dissolved in 50 MLs of milk! WAy to big of a cut. It might work for a different med but NOT clonazepam. You have to start much, much, much lower!

You don't have to taper at that rate. You can cut 1cc, 1/2cc, even 1/4cc if you have a 1cc syringe. That is a guideline that you were given. Plus you don't have to cut every night. Yes, Klonopin is pretty strong, but many people have gotten off successfully. Why not try cutting by 1/2 cc which would be .005mg and see how it goes. Again, you don't have to cut every night. Keep listening to your body and keep a journal which has helped me a lot. Hope this helps.

Thanks Dana, You are so right about the small cuts. Your advice is the best I've found in response to my original post. Thank you so much.

You don't have to taper at that rate. You can cut 1cc, 1/2cc, even 1/4cc if you have a 1cc syringe. That is a guideline that you were given. Plus you don't have to cut every night. Yes, Klonopin is pretty strong, but many people have gotten off successfully. Why not try cutting by 1/2 cc which would be .005mg and see how it goes. Again, you don't have to cut every night. Keep listening to your body and keep a journal which has helped me a lot. Hope this helps.

When you find the right cut for you, you will be able to cut every day. That's what this method is, cutting very small amounts every day so that you feel well. I don't think you should cut too much and then hold. It's better to find an amount that your body can handle and taper every day. You should be fine, if you do that and listen to your body.  I also keep a log.

Jenny

Thanks Jenny. I'm going to use alcohol instead of milk. The milk foams way too much for me. I think Dana? said to dissolve my pill in 2 ml vodka then add 100ml water.

Ok builder, remember it's me who you're talking to. I'm very slow at grasping this. Sooooo, should I dissolve my .50 mg pill in 1ml of vodka?

Ok builder, remember it's me who you're talking to. I'm very slow at grasping this. Sooooo, should I dissolve my .50 mg pill in 1ml of vodka?

OK, with solvent + water liquid, the procedure is different (and easier) than milk.  You don'r make a new batch each day; you make enough to last 10-14 days, and just drink the dose each day.  No "pull and discard".

So your current dose is .5mg, correct?

Dissolve 10 X .5mg tablets (5mgs)  in 10ml vodka, and add 490mls water. Now you have 500ml liquid, .01mg in each ml.  This will be enough for 10-12 days.  Store it at room temp in a sealed glass jar.

Here's a schedule that will taper approx 10% every 2 weeks:

.5mg (50ml)

.4965mg (49.65ml)

.493mg  (59.3ml) 49.3ml

4.895mg (48.95ml)

etc...

The amount in mls is the amount you drink each day.  You just draw that amount from your starting 500ml batch and drink it.  No "pull and discard"

You just reduce your dose by .0035mgs (.35mls) each day.  That's about .5mg per 2 weeks, or about 10%/2 weeks.

Oh no, I prefer to make a daily batch and draw out a LOW amount and discard each day..  Why would it go  : .5mg (50ml)

.4965  (49.65ml)

.493mg  (59.3 ml).        Why from 49.65ml jump up to 59.3ml then back down 48.95ml?

4.895mg (48.95ml).              TOO CONFUSING

Sorry builder, I don't mean to offend you in anyway because you help so many people but this scares me.

Oh no, I prefer to make a daily batch and draw out a LOW amount and discard each day..  Why would it go  : .5mg (50ml)

.4965  (49.65ml)

.493mg  (59.3 ml). (49.3ml)        Why from 49.65ml jump up to 59.3ml then back down 48.95ml?

4.895mg (48.95ml).              TOO CONFUSING

Sorry builder, I don't mean to offend you in anyway because you help so many people but this scares me.

Just a typo.  Look at the mgs, its .493mg, or 49.3ml.  Why is lowering your dose by .35ml/day more confusing than  increasing your cut by by .35ml/day?  Is addition  easier than subtraction?

Why do I feel as if I'm always being scolded by you? I'm just looking for some "kind" help on here. Thanks for your time anyway.

Hi Boppin. Builder is very kind and patient. He has to deal with a lot of us who are trying to figure it out. I did not understand at first and spent 2 whole days wracking by brain to understand the logic. It finally clicked. He is just trying to give a way where we don't have to waste any of the drug and really make it easier. It gets tedious making a dose every night to pull off and discard. With making a batch, all you have to do is drink the amount that is needed. You are still decreasing the dose, just not wasting any. Hope this helps! :)