Xanax to Valium

[OC...]

I’m at a crossroads in my plans where I can’t find a doctor that will prescribe Xanax that I have been taking for 4 years, I guess Dr won’t prescribe it. Since my current supply is basically gone what would be my major concern to just jump into Valium? I’m out of options and time, help please. My Dr can prescribe the Valium only

Sorry my current does is 3mil Xanax daily, I found a Dr that is open to the Ashton but can’t prescribe the Xanax for a good transition. I have about a week supply left of my Xanax

I would start switching to Valium now rather than wait another week rather than replace it all it once. It's still fast but at least you have some adjustment period. Maybe swap half your Xanax this week and half the following week?

[97...]

Based on the dose you're on and the amount available,

the best you can do before being forced to switch to Valium abruptly is

substituting .5mg alprazolam with 10mg diazepam every 2 days.

As Grapejuice pointed out, a rapid crossover is better than an abrupt switch.

Best of luck.

Well my Dr has prescribe 10mg 3 times a day, I know this jumping the gun on the protocol but it’s my only option till Wednesday when I see my Dr. I thought I had enough Zanax but that’s not the case. Crossing my fingers and praying  :(

I'm sorry, I'm sure this is upsetting.  30mgs is about half of what this table (http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm) advises as equivalent to 3mg of Xanax, but there are other tables that show a closer equivalency.  It could be a bit rough, but should be safe. 

I'd probably make a call Monday morning to my doc if things started feeling bad, OC.

I have Ashton calander printed out and saved on my phone, I know this is very drastic jumping from start of it to basically half way down. I don’t get why every doctor is afraid to prescribe Xanax when it was so widely prescribed for so long, I understand it. I guess just a change in times and not enough dr aware of Ashton. Anyone in hence the OC name have a doctor that is here on Orange County Calf.? I always felt so alone on this “Accidental Addiction”, my wife always screaming why I couldn’t just stop and comparing this to other street drugs or alcohol which I don’t do either. I’m trying to educate her as best as I can and showed her this forum and the Ashton manuel, I guess only time will tell. Took my first dose about an hour ago and feeling some what stable but been here done that and easy to slip into a total put but staying optimistic and praying

Well second dose of Valium down, I had to put in .5 Xanax in there. My sweaty palms and feet I couldn’t bare it, the last 2 weeks I have been very unstable with my doctor giving me gabipentin and phenobarbital as a detox method that through me for a total spiral for a week. Now trying to enter Valium to this I think my body has just been through so much ups and downs I can not pin point yet if it’s the Valium, not enough Valium to compensate for my normal Xanax or everything. Sucks so bad not to level out. The Valium does take the edge off a little and haven’t felt depressed or any of the horror stories people have felt, just more of w/d right now. Doctors seem to make things worse till you tell them STOP, I would be great if I had a higher dose of Valium it a pres for Xanax that I can not get. Helps to be on here, this is the best support group I have ever had regarding benzodiazepines. Thank you all

• 2 weeks later...
I have been on an Antidepressant for as long as I can remember, my doctor just upped my dose to help and it seems to be working. Why didn’t you use an antidepressant if you don’t mind me asking