Event at McLean's: “Oh No, Here We Go Again: Benzos Once More Under Attack"

[90...]

[90...]

[nobbc]http://www.mcleanhospital.org/events/oh-no-here-we-go-again-benzodiazepines-once-more-under-attack[/nobbc]

FYI This Carl Salzman is the same piece of human excrement who testified in the Massachusetts bill to attempt to get signed consent for patients being prescribed benzos who said that they were "no more dangerous thank aspirin" and that withdrawal was "comparable to stopping a coffee habit". This is at one of what is supposed to be the leading psychiatric hospitals in the world. It is astonishing. OH NO HIS POOR BENZOS ARE UNDER ATTACK.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:>:( >:(>:(

Edit: Deactivated commercial link

BB Linking Guidelines

Is this new? Because I read an article about his "love" of benzos (naturally - prescribing them makes his job easier). I find him to be highly ignorant. He doesn't know what he's talking about. And I can't imagine that every single one of his patients can get off benzos easily. I see there's a conference on January 18, 2018 about benzos. Let's hope that legislation in Massachusetts PASSES so that he'll have a little more work to do than just doling these pills out, if that's what he's doing!

[90...]

It is exactly what he's doing. I don't have the link handy but there was a piece published by him about how one of his elderly patients was not responding well to benzos.

He himself is quite elderly and I don't believe for a second that he is ignorant. He was around for the inception of this drug and he knows damn well what it's doing to people and has done for decades. He is pure evil. He went and testified at the State House in front of dozens of sick people just like us who bravely went to tell their own personal stories and said flat out that he's never seen a patient harmed by benzos and then left before even listening to one testimony. Like I said before he said that benzos are as safe as taking aspirin and the withdrawal is similar to stopping coffee! It's lunacy. I want to smear his name as much as I possibly can because as long as people like him are the respected voices, we will continue to suffer in silence. He is a monster who has profited off of the suffering of innocent people for decades and I for one have had enough of that being acceptable. The Massachusetts bill passing would be a great step in the right direction.

[aa...]

Thanks for posting, Fuzzy. That guy does sound like a piece of excrement.

Oh BTW, the local drug dealer is giving a talk at midnight at the monument in Boston Common entitled "Oh no, here we go again, heroin once more under attack". (Kidding!)

And I can't imagine that every single one of his patients can get off benzos easily.

Of course they can, all it takes is for the doctor to diagnose withdrawal or tolerance symptoms as a separate or preexisting condition. There aren't any tests that can prove benzo damage so who can prove any different?

[90...]
There also aren't any tests that long term use is safe so how is that any less anecdotal then the tens of thousands of people going through benzo withdrawal? Especially for the one's who were prescribed for non anxiety or mental health related issues who then developed severe anxiety/agoraphobia/depersonalization. To them that's all just a coincidence? What an insidious nightmare the mental health care system in this country is.

Thanks Fuzzy,

Just a another POS  paid Big Pharma troll extolling the virtues of benzodiazepines. So few here “get” it.

:smitten: