Wash.Post, Jul/16: "A 3-year-old climbed into the washing machine and...."

[La...]

The title of this Washington Post article is "A 3-year-old climbed into the washing machine and died. Then, her mother was arrested."

Sorry. It's not a nice story, but benzos are definitely "In The News" here. I hope the article served as a warning for those who read it. At least, they use the word "benzodiazepines"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/29/a-3-year-old-climbed-into-the-washing-machine-and-died-then-her-mother-was-arrested/

It's a sad, sad case. But it will be blamed on the abuse of drugs, and everyday people who are taking prescriptions by their doctors will read this and think that that they'll be okay because they're doing it correctly.

This was a tough one. I read it a couple days ago and didn't post it right away. Really got to me. So sad. We can only guess how many other sad stories don't make the news.  :(

• 2 weeks later...

The title of this Washington Post article is "A 3-year-old climbed into the washing machine and died. Then, her mother was arrested."

Sorry. It's not a nice story, but benzos are definitely "In The News" here. I hope the article served as a warning for those who read it. At least, they use the word "benzodiazepines"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/07/29/a-3-year-old-climbed-into-the-washing-machine-and-died-then-her-mother-was-arrested/

Thanks Lapis,

This article was quickly shoved under the rug. See how often these reports are ignored? 

It's a sad, sad case. But it will be blamed on the abuse of drugs, and everyday people who are taking prescriptions by their doctors will read this and think that that they'll be okay because they're doing it correctly.

Yep. Cases like this do nothing to help our cause and might even hurt it in some ways.

Once again, the distinction has to be made between those who take benzodiazepines in an addictive, dangerous manner, and those who were prescribed low doses by doctors and took them "as prescribed".