• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Th...]

• [gi...]

• [Es...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the doggie to the vet.  I was as anxious as she was, I think, but we did it.

WBB, so sorry about your dog... Saw your post on Pnut’s thread. You’re both in my thoughts :hug: Will write about my “accomplishments” later.

Thnx about my doggie.  She's having in there.

I attended a civic event despite feeling sick and helped clean up.  My contribution to this organization is appreciated.  If they only knew the difficulties I have.

Dishes, laundry, the usual stuff. So far. Listening to a great psychological book on my headphones while doing things. For the second time. Cannot hear my own thoughts, so it’s good. Too freaked out to listen to the music.

Posted here before but today, Tuesday, I walked my 4 AM (Central Florida time: insomnia) 3 miles in the wonderful rain. Felt great despite the sxs.

Posted here before but today, Tuesday, I walked my 4 AM (Central Florida time: insomnia) 3 miles in the wonderful rain. Felt great despite the sxs.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good on everyone.

I composed intelligent emails to a school administrator regarding my child's confounding conduct due to complex trauma.  I don't know how I sound coherent given how I feel.  This school stuff is never-ending.

Good on everyone.

I composed intelligent emails to a school administrator regarding my child's confounding conduct due to complex trauma.  I don't know how I sound coherent given how I feel.  This school stuff is never-ending.

I think my mom gets it. When the last of the XXX kids graduated, we were all there. The dean of discipline said to mom, "Is this your last child?" She said yes and he said Thank God.

Good on all who managed to recognize that they have done something productive today.

I hobbled into docs office because now, among other things, I have severe plantar fascia-tis  - my husband calls it "plant fantasia".  I made it through the appt without being completely preoccupied by how lousy I feel which is what I normally feel in that office. 

I spent hours at the bank because I had fraud charges. It was hard because it was on my debit card. I finally got rid of those charges but it was a major hassle. They kept sending me to another person. I did learn one thing: Never use your debit card for online purchases. Use a credit card.

Survived a difficult encounter. Wasn’t easy. Laundry, dishes, manicure & pedicure (myself), beautician, pdoc (asked him about the Vegas shooter), groceries. In like 2 days. Still feeling hugely unaccomplished... Used to do it all in one day before the divorce, benzos and the worsening of my washing OCD.

Cut the yard and did the laundry today.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you Estee!  You're doing a lot, too.  I have the feeling of unaccomplishment often as well, but we shouldn't be too demanding on ourselves right now, we still have some healing to do.  Let's tread lightly on this shifty ground called benzo withdrawal. Warm regards!  ;)

Well, you’re lucky to be benzo-free, Ginger. Congrats on your taper :thumbsup: I used to do five times more as I do now without benzos. Would be happy if I did twice as much. This thread is good. We often underestimate stuff we get done. It’s like giving oneself a pat on the back for having done this or that.

Everyone is doing stuff while still feeling unaccomplished.  This is only a feeling because these drugs and their symptoms, while on them or in withdrawal from them, robbed us of our energy and wellbeing.  Yet we are still doing things in spite of it.

I walked the dog with shoe insert for the "planter fantasia" thing and made two uncomfortable medical related calls that I know will lead to more bureaucracy and stress - yet they had to be made.  Its the emotional dimension tasks that are hardest, aren't they? 

Yes, definitely, I don't like this emotional component/dimension of a task because it uses a lot of energy.  But it has to be dealt with to get things done, so let's march on :thumbsup:

Everyone is doing stuff while still feeling unaccomplished.  This is only a feeling because these drugs and their symptoms, while on them or in withdrawal from them, robbed us of our energy and wellbeing.  Yet we are still doing things in spite of it.

I walked the dog with shoe insert for the "planter fantasia" thing and made two uncomfortable medical related calls that I know will lead to more bureaucracy and stress - yet they had to be made.  Its the emotional dimension tasks that are hardest, aren't they?

The emotional dimension is the hardest, I agree. Well done, WBB. There’s another factor in this. Some ppl get quite little done and are very satisfied with themselves. Some put in enormous effort and still feel like they’re not enough. I guess it’s a matter of upbringing. If parents are constantly dissatisfied with their kids. Kids will never be satisfied with themselves.

I’m harsh on myself, but try to praise Kitty (my only child) as much as I can. Reward her for any good behavior. When she doesn’t break the few rules I still manage to keep in this household. This gives amazing results. Kitty is very satisfied with herself. And obedient. Although everything she does is just sleeping, eating, constant beauty rituals and half an hour play daily. Animals can also teach us a lot about life.