ONE productive thing you did today

[wa...]

Some days it feels as if this process is simply a marathon of fatigue and illnesses.  It can really make you feel worthless and unproductive.  Little things matter!

I did a load of laundry today.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Th...]

• [gi...]

• [Es...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I walk my dog for 20 min

Cool to have a dog :thumbsup: Forces one to get out of the house. My cat is very inspirational for laying in bed and sleeping.

Some days it feels as if this process is simply a marathon of fatigue and illnesses.  It can really make you feel worthless and unproductive.  Little things matter!

I did a load of laundry today.

Awesome thread, WBB. Certainly gonna contribute. Crawled out of bed, so far. Gave Kitty lots of cuddles and food. Listened to one very inspirational song through my headphones to chase away the blues.

. First posted on BB by abcd. As far as I know.

Accidentally learnt about the death of a great rocker, Tom Petty, at the age of 66. On Monday, 2 Oct. 2017. While I was googling lyrics for his song. Read his bio. How he overcame his difficult childhood and fierce beatings by his father. How he got into heroin addiction after his divorce and managed to ditch it. It killed his bandmate. Found a second love of his life. Great, brave man. One of those wonderful rock legends. Gone too soon.

We only have a limited time. Each death makes me realize it. I’m very sad and my heart aches, cause this man left us so many wonderful songs. And overcame so many obstacles in his life.

But that’s the whole point of it. One dies and leaves a spiritual legacy. It doesn’t have to be a work of art. We are capable of making our lives a work of art. Each and every moment of our lives is a gift.

As a famous poet, Wislawa Szymborska, a Nobel prize winner, so wonderfully put it in her poem “Nothing Twice”:

“Why do we treat the fleeting day

with so much needless fear and sorrow

It’s in its nature not to stay:

Today is always gone tomorrow. [...]”

Made a nice meal for myself. Ran errands. Going to play pickleball again tonight. I should be dead tired when I get home. It's good for the soul.

I was able to sit in a hair salon for 2 hours! without wanting to run out.  I had to improve for hubby's business event.  WBB

I drafted then wrote a very difficult letter I had procrastinated for weeks over.  My cog fog was just so overwhelming - I just couldn't deal with it and all the clinical stuff it required, etc.  But I did it, emailed it as an attachment and snail mailed it.  Pheww -  done.  WBB

Started preparing papers for my expired ID card... almost nothing. Forgot the expiry date... The bank reminded me. The benzo brain.

I made it though an awards dinner for hubby and never even thought of running out.  I even successfully put on pantyhose for the event and no one was hurt.  ;D WBB

WBB, I love this thread. I really don’t know how I did it, but I submitted all the documents for a new ID card in an electronic form. This was quite complicated. Just had to do some reading and be very determined not to go to any institution. I will have my new ID card in a month. Then I will have to go and collect my ID card anyway. As the thought of having forgotten about the renewal of my ID card has been poisoning my mind for the last 12 hrs. I feel huge relief. I could have done much more, but this is sth already.

Well done, Estee

With almost no sleep, I managed to get my elderly Mum to an outdoor event.  She is in a wheelchair no less.  Challenging as I was the pusher.  WBB

Well done, Estee

With almost no sleep, I managed to get my elderly Mum to an outdoor event.  She is in a wheelchair no less.  Challenging as I was the pusher.  WBB

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Drove to NJ and back without feeling I couldn't make it.  2.5 ours total driving.  I guess driving is no longer a problem.  Yay for me.  WBB

WBB, you’ve got a lot done if you were sleep deprived.

I cannot function at all while sleep deprived. But I can stay awake for like 30 hrs in a row.

I can relate to this feeling of unaccomplishment. Totally frustrated with my laziness. Learnt some English on BB. Like a few new words and a few slang words. Read about three mass murderers (also in English).

Tried to comfort some ppl on BB. Moved my decluttering project by 5% maybe. Planned lots of online shopping: new lovely mugs, dishes, bowls. Even started a research for a tiny antique lamp. Not an expensive one. Ain’t got the money. Isn’t this shopoholism already? Rewarding myself... For what exactly? Better to reward oneself with harmless material things than with psych meds. Listened to self-help audiobook for like 3 hrs (also in English). I’m trying to write all I can to feel better about myself. Still feeling lousy, though.

I guess I must do sth more.

sleep deprived with sore throat - I went to a civic organization board meeting and got through it. -- jeez I love being active like this - I just wish I felt better

I got out of bed after a night of no sleep and walked 3 painful miles.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Posting here motivates one to do stuff. Difficult to attain WBB’s level. But WD is not a race. We’ve each got different conditions. Been on different benzos for different amounts of time.

sleep deprived with sore throat - I went to a civic organization board meeting and got through it. -- jeez I love being active like this - I just wish I felt better

You will, WBB. You function in an amazing way. Congrats of one year benzo free :thumbsup: And on all the stuff done. Reading this just makes me want push myself to do more. You’re strong. But you’ve also got support. Hubby. It’s invaluable. I used to be sleep deprived for so many yrs I can no longer stand it. But I can stay awake for amazingly long periods of time. Must be Prozac. Wish I were more functional... Never managed to sleep on Lunesta, BTW. Only Ambien. One more drug from Hell.

Good on everyone.  I did 10 mins. on stationary bike while totally depressed and resistant and with a barking dog at me.

Hope there is some peace in everyone's day.

Oh, I’m relieved you haven’t climbed Mount Everest yet, WBB ;) Whatever you do, I’ll keep on posting my modest achievements here. Washing OCD and hot flashes get in the way of doing stuff, that’s the main problem.

Don’t let the dog terrorize you. What about an anti-bark collar? Kitty has already terrorized me. Lets me live in her appt. Someone must feed her, give her water, change litter and take care of her beauty. Also she needs me to sleep with her. Wish I had a stationary bike. No place in the appt.

Did the dishes, ordered necessary supplies for Kitty, the rest of the lovely IKEA mugs/bowls/plates. Wrote like several dozen posts on BB. “Learning English”... I really do check some words. Okay, I’m hanging around on BB too much. Trying to keep my circadian rhythm. Woke up at 5.30 a.m. instead of 2 a.m. Am off to do more stuff to put in here.