Author Topic: ONE productive thing you did today  (Read 30640 times)

[Buddie]

ONE productive thing you did today
« on: October 03, 2017, 04:53:48 am »
Some days it feels as if this process is simply a marathon of fatigue and illnesses.  It can really make you feel worthless and unproductive.  Little things matter!

I did a load of laundry today.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: ONE productive thing you did today
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 08:13:36 am »
Went to see a therapist despite the miserable agoraphobia.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 04:51:35 pm »
I walk my dog for 20 min

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 05:16:12 pm »
I walk my dog for 20 min

Cool to have a dog :thumbsup: Forces one to get out of the house. My cat is very inspirational for laying in bed and sleeping.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 05:21:00 pm »
Some days it feels as if this process is simply a marathon of fatigue and illnesses.  It can really make you feel worthless and unproductive.  Little things matter!

I did a load of laundry today.

Awesome thread, WBB. Certainly gonna contribute. Crawled out of bed, so far. Gave [...] lots of cuddles and food. Listened to one very inspirational song through my headphones to chase away the blues. “Proud”, by Heather Small (2000). First posted on BB by abcd. As far as I know.

Accidentally learnt about the death of a great rocker, Tom Petty, at the age of 66. On Monday, 2 Oct. 2017. While I was googling lyrics for his song. Read his bio. How he overcame his difficult childhood and fierce beatings by his father. How he got into heroin addiction after his divorce and managed to ditch it. It killed his bandmate. Found a second love of his life. Great, brave man. One of those wonderful rock legends. Gone too soon.

We only have a limited time. Each death makes me realize it. I’m very sad and my heart aches, cause this man left us so many wonderful songs. And overcame so many obstacles in his life.

But that’s the whole point of it. One dies and leaves a spiritual legacy. It doesn’t have to be a work of art. We are capable of making our lives a work of art. Each and every moment of our lives is a gift.

As a famous poet, Wislawa Szymborska, a Nobel prize winner, so wonderfully put it in her poem “Nothing Twice”:

“Why do we treat the fleeting day
with so much needless fear and sorrow
It’s in its nature not to stay:
Today is always gone tomorrow. [...]”

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 09:33:52 pm »
Made a nice meal for myself. Ran errands. Going to play pickleball again tonight. I should be dead tired when I get home. It's good for the soul.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 03:48:23 am »
So glad to see folks functioning so well. What is pickle ball?

I drove to acupuncture alone.  ! hour each way. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 05:24:24 am »
I was able to sit in a hair salon for 2 hours! without wanting to run out.  I had to improve for hubby's business event.  WBB
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 04:33:15 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 09:29:53 am »
Laundry and dishes.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 06:13:11 am »
I drafted then wrote a very difficult letter I had procrastinated for weeks over.  My cog fog was just so overwhelming - I just couldn't deal with it and all the clinical stuff it required, etc.  But I did it, emailed it as an attachment and snail mailed it.  Pheww -  done.  WBB