Switching to longer acting benzo to finish etizolam taper

[Et...]

have been taking etizolam daily for 5 months now last month it had gotten up to around 24mg daily and i started tapering and I am now down to about 5mg a day I was thinking of switching over to diclazepam to taper because of the longer half life but cant find a conversion...is 1mg etizolam=1mg diclazepam? Also does diclazepam have a worse withdrawal and does it last longer since it has a greater half life? I need help but cant get diazepam from a doctor but if diclazepam has worse withdrawals than etizolam than I will just stick with that to taper and deal with the interdose wd. Thanks everyone.. If the withdrawals last longer on diclazepam since it has a half life pretty close to valium I will stick to tapering down with etizolam only as I have heard from others who used it the wds from that only lasted around 5 days with some minor ones lasting up to two week ! And I think I would rather that then go through withdrawals for a full 2-3 weeks from a longer acting benzo but I am not sure if longer half life = longer withdrawal

[cb...]

I found this for conversions.  It was in a somewhat unusual place, but generally looks OK.  These conversions are just guidelines.  People may respond differently.

https://forum.drugs-and-users.org/index.php?topic=1375.0

Before committing to a crossover, I think you might consider this...    A 'proper' crossover will take about two months.  If you stick with tapering etizolam directly, you could possibly be finished tapering off your 5mg a lot faster than if you take the time to switch to another benzo.  It just depends on how you're doing between doses.  I know that Etizolam has a really short half-life.  How many times a day are you dosing?

Hey man thanks for the info !

The interdose withdrawals have been getting better with every reduction in dose just some slight anxiety and depression but waking up in wd until I take the etizolam is kind of what prompted me to wonder about switching.. I think I will stick to the etizolam to taper ! I have heard the wds are slightly easier than benzo wd and since its such a short half life I am hoping they wouldnt last as long as a longer acting benzo ! In your experience do longer half life benzos cause a longer more drawn out wd?

[cb...]

Hey man thanks for the info !

The interdose withdrawals have been getting better with every reduction in dose just some slight anxiety and depression but waking up in wd until I take the etizolam is kind of what prompted me to wonder about switching.. I think I will stick to the etizolam to taper ! I have heard the wds are slightly easier than benzo wd and since its such a short half life I am hoping they wouldnt last as long as a longer acting benzo ! In your experience do longer half life benzos cause a longer more drawn out wd?

I haven't heard that.  Seems like they're all pretty nasty to withdraw from.  It's very difficult to compare.  If there was an easier one, you can bet that everybody would crossover to it and taper.

Gotcha thanka for the info ! So do you think I should just continue my taper on etizolam and disregard the diclazepam evwn though it would smooth over my interdose wd ? Im afraid with such a long half life it would  uild up in my system within a week to levels much higher than the current 5mg i am on !

[cb...]

As I understand it, equivalencies are supposed to take into account the build-up of drug in your body.  If you were to crossover from etizolam to valium, you'd need 50 mg of valium (in theory) to equal the effect of 5 mg etizolam.  It would take about two weeks for the valium to build up, but then (again in theory) you'd have about the same amount of therapeutic action that you are getting from 5 mg etizolam.  It would be more evened out due to the long half-life, but there's no guarantee that it would work as well for you.

Again, if you're handling your current taper reasonably well, I'd be very tempted to stick with it.  You can choose to dose 3-4-5 times a day to help even out the coverage a little.