• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Es...]

• [pr...]

• [Lo...]

• [Fl...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[ea...]

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the killer was on psych drugs. Probably not benzos, but SSRI's. Most of them are. [nobbc]http://www.***.org[/nobbc]

Scientology link removed:

“Because many of our members rely upon the professional help of psychiatrists and therapists, information regarding psychiatry or psychiatric practice originating from Scientology or the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (or any other Scientology front group) is expressly disallowed at this forum.”  Anti-psychiatry/Scientology

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the killer was on psych drugs. Probably not benzos, but SSRI's. Most of them are. [nobbc]http://www.***.org[/nobbc]

Scientology link removed:

“Because many of our members rely upon the professional help of psychiatrists and therapists, information regarding psychiatry or psychiatric practice originating from Scientology or the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (or any other Scientology front group) is expressly disallowed at this forum.”  Anti-psychiatry/Scientology

chessplayer, unfortunately you are most likely correct. I was thinking the same thing. After taking an SNRI I turned into a zombie capable of scary things. I was so lucky to get out of it alive. It terrifies me to think how many people are walking around medicated like that.

I am very concerned about the victims and their families, because there are really no good supports as far as dealing with emotional traumas after this. Just like there's an emergency or urgent care for physical injuries, wouldn't it be nice to have easily accessible clinics where people could get post-trauma counseling sessions as a first go to option before any psychiatric drugs are even considered?

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the killer was on psych drugs. Probably not benzos, but SSRI's. Most of them are.

That was the first thing that crossed my mind. They were talking about that possibility on Fox News last night. There are too many of these mass killings that are perpetrated by people on psych drugs for there not to be a link. Hopefully we don't have to see more piles of bodies before they start paying serious attention.

Glad to hear someone was talking about the possibility.  Fox News even, that's surprising.  Not a mention of it by CNN or BBCW or any local or national news here in Canada.  Many "experts" weighing in on CNN, yet where is Dr. Sanjay Gupta lately?

He's talked about it before:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038674_psychiatric_drugs_mass_murders_Sanjay_Gupta.html

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2012/12/18/gupta-ct-shooting-newtown-hindsight.cnn

edit:  added quotation marks

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the killer was on psych drugs. Probably not benzos, but SSRI's.

What I said to my husband this morning.  Wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Sweet pea

[27...]

Glad to hear someone was talking about the possibility.  Fox News even, that's surprising.  Not a mention of it by CNN or BBCW or any local news stations here.  Many "experts" weighing in on CNN, yet where is Dr. Sanjay Gupta lately?

He's talked about it before:

http://www.naturalnews.com/038674_psychiatric_drugs_mass_murders_Sanjay_Gupta.html

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2012/12/18/gupta-ct-shooting-newtown-hindsight.cnn

edit:  added quotation marks

Dr Sanjay Gupta is currently in Puerto Rico, delivering direct medical care in some cases.

Glad to hear someone was talking about the possibility.  Fox News even, that's surprising. 

The only show I really like is Tucker Carlson. I have heard other "consumer causes" mentioned on his show in the past as well.

A news article I just read indicated he was prescribed 50 10 mg. of diazepam to be taken daily back in June.  This will only increase the stigma all of us endure.

[27...]

A news article I just read indicated he was prescribed 50 10 mg. of diazepam to be taken daily back in June.  This will only increase the stigma all of us endure.

Can you please quote your source?

Yeah, it's not exactly unusual.  Millions of people have been prescribed this medicine and similar.  I don't see a point.  This is typical for the media.

I doubt that valium had anything to do with it. These mass killings seem to be more associated with SSRI's. It will be interesting to see the autopsy results to see if there was anything else in his system.

[ea...]
Yeah. Though I was the one who predicted it ("bet he was on psych drugs"), it's hard to see how 50 Valium pills prescribed back in June could have anything to do with it. Like FG, will be interested to see if he had any other crap in his system.

My guess would be he was on an SSRI and maybe in acute benzo withdrawal (or the benzo might have triggered SSRI side effects). But I do agree that the violence would be more likely to be associated with an SSRI.

Maybe not PTSD. But certainly my week will be screwed by researching this lunatic’s motives. This won’t make me any better. I’m in a state of shock. Just learnt about it here. I don’t watch TV.

Yep, no doubt there are thousands of Xanax prescriptions being written right now, because of this.  And thousands previously as well, after each terrorist attack and natural disaster that wipes out homes and lives.  I wonder how people survived previous mass horrors before the benzo age.  The Civil War, World Wars I & II.  Oh yeah, now I remember.  There was religion in those times...the opiate of the masses.  So society trades in religion for pills.  Okay, I get it now...

Anyway, if I had to guess, he was on Effexor.  More than any other SSRI, Effexor wipes out any sense of wrong-doing and guilt.  It shouldn't be classified as an SSRI since it works on several neurotransmitters, not just serotonin.  My brother was on that stuff and I've seen how it works.  The things I could say, but won't...

I think religion gave people sense of community and the support system needed to withstand difficult times (life expectancy was much lower too, let's not pretend it was all rosy in those violent days.) I live in a very religious place and I see how well it works if you believe in it. Some people hang on to the last shreds of their beliefs because they are afraid of losing their tribe here. I am a little worried about elaborating further, because there's a separate group here on BB for people to discuss religion and spirituality specifically, so that tells me we are treading on dangerous territory now.

When I said about people being prescribed benzos I mostly meant people who went to the Las Vegas hospitals after the mass shooting and their relatives. I didn't even think of all the people who were watching the news, stressing and then being xanaxed out of their feelings.