Wash.Post, Jan/17: Child calls 911 re: dad's apparent benzo overdose in car

[La...]

The title of this article is "‘He’s not waking up or anything’: A child’s tearful 911 call after his dad’s apparent overdose".

Benzos are definitely "In The News" here. No need to listen to the 911 call, if you choose not to. (I chose not to.)  :(

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/01/31/hes-not-waking-up-or-anything-a-childs-tearful-911-call-after-his-dads-apparent-overdose/ 

Wow, scary that the Citizens Commission on Human Rights clonazepam "the country's most dangerous pill"  and that there were 49 million prescriptions and 27 million for clonazepam  :o

And from my experience and that of others around here, clonazepam is a beast. Really strong. Long-acting. Cumulative effects.

I agree wholeheartedly about Klonopin. Truly a beast of a drug. A lot of long-acting effects. Very strong. I never would have taken it had I known. It was generally accepted on the forum I was in, as a crossover drug, because the woman who started the forum suffered from depression with Valium. But I also had depression from K as well as many other symptoms. I didn't know any difference at that time.

Ah, these things are so individual, Terry. Everyone metabolizes these meds differently, depending on genetics. Some people can taper directly off clonazepam, but I couldn't. Diazepam worked fine for me, but I don't think it's true for all.