feeling like no one cares...

[Ho...]

The real world is bad is enough but for some reason it hurts my feelings when I post and get no replies.  I probably just need thicker skin.  But sometimes it just feels like no one out there is listening esp when I pour my heart out and no one has anything to say.  Am I posting wrong?

The real world is bad is enough but for some reason it hurts my feelings when I post and get no replies.  I probably just need thicker skin.  But sometimes it just feels like no one out there is listening esp when I pour my heart out and no one has anything to say.  Am I posting wrong?

Hi TristysMom,

I know exactly how you feel, I used to feel crushed when I didn't get responses, but after I was around BB for a while I realized that it was often a matter of post-timing and/or location.

For example, even though I'm reading posts all the time, I only saw this one of yours now. I didn't see it when it was new because it was already 3am, my time.

It occurred to me that you might really benefit from starting a Buddie Blog. Lots of BB members have them, and they're a great way to converse and get support, all in one place. People will stop by all the time and then you won't have that awful feeling of pouring your heart out and not even getting an echo in return.

Leslie  :smitten:

Hi TM,

I'm sorry that you're feeling ignored. I have a friend here who says the same thing. And you'll occasionally see frustrated members asking "where's the support?". I second what Leslie said about starting a Buddie Blog. Though I haven't, I've made friends just by responding to the blogs of others. It's that easy.

Shook

Hi There,

I hear you. Support can be hard to find, anywhere!

Hope you are getting better.

Write to me if you can.

Together we can beat this!!!

All the best. Thom.

If you need a buddie to interact with, I'm online here quite a bit.

I felt the same at times - can hurt when you feel you're getting the cold shoulder. But my whole world (W/D influenced) looks ugly, indifferent - even downright mean - and I cannot discern what's real and what's not. I for one, care, and it matters to me, so that's real anyways.

I'm sorry you are feeling so alone.  Sometimes I just reply to my own thread when no one else does.  I like to follow up in case someone else experiences the same issue.  There's one thread I made a long time ago where I became convinced my liver had failed.  No one responded but I did follow up to say my liver was fine and it was just anxiety.

I'm sorry you are feeling so alone.  Sometimes I just reply to my own thread when no one else does.  I like to follow up in case someone else experiences the same issue.  There's one thread I made a long time ago where I became convinced my liver had failed.  No one responded but I did follow up to say my liver was fine and it was just anxiety.

that's so cute - and so nice !!! :)

and TristysMommy - you're not posting wrong - it can be dead silent on here for hours all day...and then suddenly lots of people - i think we're all in different time zones and have different commitments and i think mostly - a lot of people are just looking for answers themselves...or aren't up for posting ....or aren't even online :)..you're not alone in feeling alone or unanswered...it's disheartening at times...i know....

but keep posting - and post to others - sometimes threads get side-tracked and you can end up getting answers or finding people in the same situation - in places you didn't expect :)

Firefly1

I wanted to quote your signature -

i should add - another reason some of us don't reply is because we don't READ very carefully LOL

if i had seen your signature info i would have said something

that *IS* too fast.  even for a short course.  You could get lucky but it would be better to do .25 every 7-10 days (maybe 14).  maybe they would go for that?

anything but cutting by 50% = i know there was one old tapering plan that was either 50 % every two weeks or 25% every week.

I don't think the docs have read many of the newer guidelines.

I think i read one (set of guidelines) from a major medical school that was more progressive and in line with this forum - i will look for it and if it has relevant tapering info i'll link it here (but it might be tomorrow) - maybe if you can bring this to your doctor they will be more reasonable?  You said they weren't interested in the Ashton method.  Is it because of the valium or just their being dismissive completely?

do you have enough pills to taper yourself? or are you relying on refills to taper?

wish I could add more - I don't know where you are - how hard would it be to go GP shopping? (just keep trying until you find a sympathetic GP?)

firefly

p.s. we care..many of us do..even if we didn't or haven't replied...hold tight....we're out there :)

I think posts that include a question, asking if anyone can relate really help. Look, I am here answer this question. So questions are good.  :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been able to discern real mean throughout this ordeal.  There's a lot of mean in this world.

How true is this. One should be very careful whom to trust.