Switching from diazepam to clonazepam?

[...]

Dear Benzo Buddies,

I was on a dose of approx. 15 mg lorazepam per day. In July I went to a clin for withdrawal. As I know now, this was doomed to fail. They got me on zero, but I was depersonalized and unable to function outside of the clininc environment. So I left and started benzos again. There is a good German forum, which provides much help, and they like Benzobuddies use the Ashton Manual. Now there it is recommended to switch to diazepam. So I did this.

I have been on 40 mg diazepam und 0,5 mg Tavor, but I have terrible nightly horrors, wich borders on the feeling of getting annihilated. This I had much stronger during the clinic withdrawal. Could ist be, that the dose is too low?

Also I developped a severe depression. I read that diazepam can cause depression. Is clonazepam any better in this respect?

Thank you and warm regard

Hasi

Everyone has different experiences with these two drugs. Many feel that Klonopin is more depressive. For me, it feels about equal between the two. But I suppose it also just depends on what mood I happen to be in.

Clonazepam put me into a deep depression, after a couple of years use and finally few weeks at 3mg per day, but that's just my story. Every benzo is a depressant.