Who's Healing??? "No Benzos"

[To...]

Just a quick note. I just got back from the ER. They found a kidney stone which explains the pain. Funny thing was I could barely talk but all I said was "No Benzos" over and over again until I settled. At first I thought this was WD kicking in but this time I can't blame it. There's no way I would have made it through this a month ago. I think it's important that we log our short term success on the forum so it's not always so doom and gloom. So with that said.... who's healing???

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [To...]

• [Ca...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick note. I just got back from the ER. They found a kidney stone which explains the pain. Funny thing was I could barely talk but all I said was "No Benzos" over and over again until I settled. At first I thought this was WD kicking in but this time I can't blame it. There's no way I would have made it through this a month ago. I think it's important that we log our short term success on the forum so it's not always so doom and gloom. So with that said.... who's healing???

Every cloud (the kidney stone) has it's silver lining (that you could get through this).  Sometimes we just need to look for it with the right (compassionate) frame of mind.  It gives me joy to see you find the positive in this.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fwiw - I slept 7 hours last night (very rare for me).  So I'm feeling pretty good today.  :thumbsup:

I have more energy, I'm able to train again (I'm a strength coach/nutrition coach by trade). I don't have debilitating fatigue. 3.5 months out for me.

I like this thread btw tommy566  :thumbsup:

I'm now 3 months since my taper, and doing much better. I had a similar point-of-no-return moment on July 23. I had SVTs and was taken to the ER by the paramedics, had two shots of adenosine to reset my heartbeat, and said "no benzos" in the ER. No benzos, even if my butt falls off. This was the turning point for me. I did have about three rescue doses after my rapid detox taper, and the further from those doses I get, the better I am. Working, exercising some, doing therapy and daily assignments for my OCD, taking care of small things, reading (this, perhaps, is the biggest miracle).

Great thread topic. Positivity goes a long way.

-Mark

I'm healing!  My insomnia has been improving which makes me so happy and hopeful.  I'm sleeping many nights of 6-7 hours the past 6 weeks, still broken sleep.  My other symptoms are lessening or disappearing.  I like reading how others are healing too!!   

I'm healing!  My insomnia has been improving which makes me so happy and hopeful.  I'm sleeping many nights of 6-7 hours the past 6 weeks, still broken sleep.  My other symptoms are lessening or disappearing.  I like reading how others are healing too!! 

That's awesome. What did you find, if anything, played a key role in your recovery?

Again, I'm very happy you're healing 👍

T1D-Thanks!  I believe time is the reason.  While waiting though I've been doing a lot of things to help myself.  Sleep hygiene, exercise, alternative healing therapies, eat clean, distraction and avoiding stress.  All of the things other BB are doing.  I was on a lot of supplements before I went off the medications and have added some since.  I started Taurine 6 weeks ago and my sleep has improved.  It sure is quite a lot to keep up with all of these life style changes.  I hope I can pull back on some of them because it is pretty extreme.  I'm wishing you all the best in your healing!!

T1D-I had to ditch the B complex early on because it is energizing and affected insomnia.  What helps me is magnesium, cod liver oil, melatonin and taurine.  Please know that many BB are very sensitive to supplements.  I keep a journal with my sleep, symptoms, gratitude and note when I started a new supplement.  I only change one thing at a time.

I felt great last night from 6pm on, like 80% back to normal. (Probably would have been 90% if I didn't keep "reassessing" if I actually felt good). I had energy, I could think reasonably well, I got happy and looked forward to the next day.

Anyway, just thought I'd share to give some much needed hope to those of you in a tough place right now. I'm okay today, decent morning too. I'm gonna keep riding this wave with zero expectations.

Wishing everyone the best.

I used to think that if I actually acknowledged that I was feeling good, it would somehow jinx me and set me back.

Obviously, that's utter nonsense, but that's how a brain in withdrawal can function.  Like certain politicians, a benzo-compromised mind can spew out reams of alt-facts.  Filter that information thoroughly.

Horrible morning/mid day... BUT another window again tonight. I had energy at work, I could talk normally, think clearly, I actually had some of my personality back too. It was encouraging, and I hope you all can Maybe gain some hope.

Im now almost 3 months off from cold turkeying after a few months of xanax abuse and finally for once can say I think things are getting better. My mind seems a lot more clear a lot less filled with anxiety and terrible thoughts. My sleeping is becoming less filled with nightmares, my internal vibrations are almost gone, muscle spasms going too, twitching almost gone as well. Mornings are still difficult but hey coming from thinking life was worthless a couple months ago i think im on the road to recovery.

Like certain politicians, a benzo-compromised mind can spew out reams of alt-facts.  Filter that information thoroughly.

This is SO good, badsocref. My mind has been spewing alt-facts all afternoon, and I really needed this. Lol.

braud.... I’m hitting nb the same point. The boaty feeling is finally subsiding among others.. we are truly on the road to total recovery.... Letsssss Gooooooooooooooo!!!!!  :thumbsup: